cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printout getting slow in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our Central Instance there are 5 SPOOL work processes. We have one application server where there is no SPOOLER work process. Database is Orage 10g, ECC 6.0.

At the peak hours number of concurrent users are 450-500. Now the issue is during peak hours if a series of large number of printouts has been fired approximately 100, 200, 300...the printout starts getting delayed sometime by 5 minutes and sometimes even by 10 minutes. And if some of the user fires say 1000 pages of printout all the other printout gets stuck and we need to manually delete those SPOOL request.

My question is:

1. When I see in the CI only one spool WP reamains occupied while the other remains mostly free. Where in a dialogue WP if a WP is free it is assigned to the user request

2. Can we add SPOOL WP in our additional application server?. If yes what will be the implication..?.And will that speed print process.

3. Would be a great help if you can let me know the other factors in which printing from SAP depends..including from the network point of view.

Please help as this has became a serious issue at my client site.Any suggestion will be highly obliged.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the printing issue with one specific printer or across system.

What method you have configured for output device.

There should be any issue if you add spool work process to Application server.

Then you should be able to configure spool server load balancing. (Search on help.sap.com for spool load balancing)