cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between LIKP-VBTYP 'Returns' and 'Returns delivery for order'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...I have tried researching this myself, but still can't seem to get a good answer. In the LIKP table, there is a VBTYP of 'H' for returns and 'T' for returns on delivery order. I am trying to understand the difference between the two...how could you have a return with it NOT being on a delivered order? Is there something basic I am missing? Any and all help extremely apprecated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I fully agree with the input given by Mr G Lakshmipathi.

VBTYP as field description implies, it just says about the SD document category , but applicable to all documents such as order(includes outling agreements, inquiry,quotation as well) , delivery , billing.

These values are inbuilt. wrt: document behaviour we use this doc category.

You can even observe, doc category: K & O -

K = Credit memo request which applicables only in VA01

O = Credit memo applicables only in VF01.

if you try to execute the table LIKP ( from SE16) with VBTYP=H, you will not get any doc's

I hope it adds info.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I differ from the opinion already suggested but may be I am wrong.

For me, in field VBTYP, H relates to sales document type which you can see for RE in VOV8 and T relates to your Return Delivery which you can see in OVLK.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

When we have a scheduling agreement and when the returns order is creating with reference to the scheduling agreement then RM sales document type for returns and the document category for RM is H

And for delivery returns for LR document category is T

regards

Prashanth

Edited by: Prashanth@SD on Dec 17, 2010 5:35 AM