cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Importing Repository Schema Into Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on a project at a client and I am having an issue importing an XML Repository Schema into a repository.

I have Development and Quality Repositories which are supposed to be nearly identical. There have been quite a few changes made to the Quality Repository and the client wants me to export the Quality schema and import it into the Development repository and accept a few changes (I realize changes are typically migrated from Development to Quality). This should be a relatively simple task however I keep receiving the following error: u201COne or more of the selected items requires that you select additional itemsu201D, when I attempt to change just one field. I have scoured the SAP forums and exhausted the Reference Guide for MDM and I cannot find a solution. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I think I may understand... The field I am trying to import is called "Gold Records" and it is in the Customers main table. Its a new text field and doesn't have any data dependencies. I am rejecting all other changes being made to the repository, so I don't see how the text field "Gold Records" could have dependencies which need accepted, unless the error is referring to the Customers table which has dependencies...?

Thanks again for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that the customer table has some conflicts or dependencies. Try the approach mentioned by Aamir just to check the existing dependencies.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsewardj,

As suggested by Shiv check MDM_LOG .problem will be clearly mentioned in it.It can also be because of some assignments in DEV for which data is not dere in the respective table.

Try to delete such assignments (if any) .Hopefully ur problem will get solved.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are facing this issue because you are trying to import changes in an object, but rejecting changes for its dependent objects. For example, you are trying to import a new port with a new remote system, but not accepted change in the remote system table.

I would suggest you to check the MDM log files. it will give you more details why your import repository schema is failing, and which dependent object need to be imported.

Kindly check the log files and revert.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>One or more of the selected items requires that you select additional items

This probably means there is some dependancy between objects, dependand objects must be transported together.

If you know these dependancies, please transport them all.

One dirty work around would be to get the Repository schema from QA, import this in Dev under a different name (for e.g. Customer_COPY). once Customer_COPY looks good, you can simply delete the older rep in Dev(Customer) and rename Customer_COPY to Customer.

Thanks

Aamir