cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Sales Org Material Status via VK12?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a request to update the DChain spec status for a given material when a user creates a new condition record in VK12. My initial response is that it's not possible and probably not a good practice, but before I respond to the request I wanted to know if it is possible. In my forum search I haven't found any topics on this, has anyone ever had to do this? If so, how was this completed?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to recap, X-dist chain status is generally used in different purpose rather than conditions.

Whenver new material is created with sales views. its CO-Controlling directives that until the costing of the material is not done, there should not be any sales. Thus, they restrict the sales of this material with this field.

Once costing is done, this material will be ready for sale & then this field will be removed ( there are various ways to remove/blank this field in SAP).

same concept is exist, to procure the material also.

Let me know, the prupose- why you want to use this field in your requirement. Still if you would like to use, as said by mate, there is no automatic functionality to update this field. It has to be done manually or with some subsequent function.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for the replies. It is not a good practice and will not move forward with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

nothing is impossible in SAP, all depends on the impact.

you can still handle your requirement as an event triggering management that will call upon heavy codes.

the outline of this will be, once a VK12 action is generated, let an event be triggered that may call MM02 functionality & change the X-dist channel in the material master. all these requirements can be done by an abaper, as a consultant, your job will be to understand the impact & inform the client on the same.

if the requirement is mandatory & if the client is still adament, go for the above & let the client hold the responsibility of handling all the after impacts.

rgds

ilango

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not a good idea using of distribution chain specific status of the mateiral master to control the pricing related master data. Note that when material master distribution chain specific status is activated, it affects all the functions related to sales process.

Instead of distribution chain status, why can't the business use release status in the pricing access sequence-condition table? I think this will be better option to control pricing related master data. Check in t.code V/05, whether the business can use the with release status check box for the access sequence used in the pricing condition type.

For more info, refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/72/6e032d214411d29a0d0000e8a5bd28/frameset.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

Agree with you and does not seems like a good idea.

And I do not think standard sap can handle. You will require to do custom development.

Thx

Dilip sadh