cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI transport of namespaces when two dev environments (IA and DEV)

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like many SAP customers we have a 3-tier system landscape with DEV, QA and PRD.

We introduced an IA (impact analysis) system to allow for prototyping developments before migrating across to the Production landscape (DEV and onwards).

My question relates to the handling of SAP PI transports when you have development projects happening in parallel across effectively two development systems (in our case IA and DEV).

We have the situation at present where we need to export a software component from our IA system into DEV with a new namespace definition.

The problem is that in DEV we have a namespace existing in the same software component that isn't in the IA system yet.

When we import the transport into DEV we get a conflict and both versions (Active and Colliding) don't give us an outcome where all required namespaces are present.

Is this simply a limitation that we need to manage by copying over say the missing developments from DEV into IA then taking the namespace definition through which contains all required namespaces?

I read in the SAP help that customers should always try and move a whole software component when transporting.

This seems restrictive and prevents use of an impact analysis system in the way we wish to use.

Just wondering how other customers manage this situation or whether you avoid it?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I read in the SAP help that customers should always try and move a whole software component when transporting.

> This seems restrictive and prevents use of an impact analysis system in the way we wish to use.

I never transport the whole swvc. This really does not make sense. What about mappings, that are in development and not stable? You never can transport a swvc in total.

So just ignore that sentence from online help. You can simply transport one namespace from one system to another.

You can even select all objects individually which you want to transport.