cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapmc not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

We have applied the new kernel 701 nivel patch 94.

After apply patch the console MMC not started, in the sdn show update the MMC. We have apply the last patch MMC but the console not started.

We have copy the directory sapmc in the directory kernel. We have update the version 7.01 and 7.20. In the task manager the windows the process sapmmc.exe is kill.

Can you help me?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any messages in windows event viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleague,

Hanging application mmc.exe version 5.2.3790.3959, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0 hang address 0x0000000000000000

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so upgrading kernel will affect your mmc.exe as this is delivered by microsoft.

Do start --> run --> mmc and see whether you are able to open a new console

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

reboot your machine.

This is a known issue of the 7.01 kernel - don't ask me up to which patch level...

The problem is that older 7.01 sapstartsrv.exe (the sap service executable) did flag a tcp socket handle (used for the communication between sapmmc and service) to be inheritable by created processes.

When you are supplying a new, the old service executable will start the processes which will inherit the socket handle. During the startup all executables including sapstartsrv.exe will be updated. the service itself detects that it is updated and will restart itself. During the restart it is creating the socket a second time so that you have 2 times the socked listening to the same port.

sapmmc the reconnects to the socket - if it is hiting the wrong one it will hang.

Rebooting the box (you can alternatively kill all SAP processes using taskmanager and starting the system will fix the problem.

regards

Peter

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check note

926732 - SnapIn on 64-bit Windows operating systems

best to do the MMC install again following note

1014480 SAP Management Console (SAP MC)

regards,

John Feely