cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firefighter logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a process of creating tickets (Sol Man ) with logs for each firefighter session of the user and then getting it approved from corresponding user manager . Currently we are doing this process manually. I wanted to know if any one is using such kind of process and also has automated this .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Little confused...... can you please elaborate, what you wish to automate......??

is it

"with logs for each firefighter session of the user ...." ??

How are you 'mannually' pulling the log and in which format......

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Surpreet ,

Yes i wanted to automate the process of reviewing logs for each session of firefighter usuage by users . Currently we pull the logs for each user , create a ticket attach the logs and then send it for approval to user manager .

Thanks

Rakesh .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If you were willing to get a little bit of work done you could get an ABAP modification done, so that each owner can execute a transaction to review his/her logs. And than mark the log as reviewed.

Also, Just to add I think this has been taken care off in GRC2010.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

hm.. that's tough job....below are my recommendations...

1. three VIRSA tables are used for storing all the Log Report data. So I can tell you which table is used for which purpose and then your ABAP developers can develop a program to pull this data (per selection screen input)

this will be very tough even for developers ....

note: same tables are used for generating Log Report (so developers may modifiy this report)

2. not sure why you are using this method....... when emails can be send every 12 or 24 hr to each and every controller on their email ids (for the FF ids they are controller of)

3. you can define your self also controller of each and every FF id and you can also get that email id. just attach the mail of whole day rather than pulling data from log report

4. you must be doing this for audit purpose..... (lot of time wastage i will say)....... follow below method (i use to do this for audit)

create one weekly report of all the log and send it to all the controller and owner and managers ...... you need to change format of the report a bit in excel sheet...... so that it can be filtered 'by Firefighter Name' or 'FF id' or 'Firefighter Id'..... date...

this will take only 4 hr every monday and you are good for audit also.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet, good evening.

First of all, thanks for your post.

But I have some doubts about the three VIRSA tables that stores the Firefighter logs.

Firstly, Do you know which are those tables?? I mean, the proper names of them; and secondly, do you know if the logs which are showed into the frontend are the same as backend?, I mean if GRC´s SPM reports logs get into the same tables as you can get from R/3 system.

And the final question, Do the firefighter tables depend on the configuration? Can be hosted in other Oracle databases for example?

I would be delighted with some reponse.

Thanks.