cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chains in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

i am running many PC's and I am seeing that primarily most of the time is consumed by the following jobs

/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE PA INITIALIZATION

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK LC CONSISTENCY CHECK

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG LC TIME SERIES Check

can you please suggest how do i overcome this and reduce the runtime of the PC's

Thanks,

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agreeing with Amol. The PA initialization and LCM reorg are not required for daily run. LCM cons check you can keep as it takes less time, but that also can be judiciously used only before running high priority PC.

Rather run LCM reorg and PA initialization once in a full planning cycle. If LC sizing permits, you can also run PA initialization occassionally as and when required.

Regards,

Biplab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE program please check how many time series KF you have and also Horizon defined in it. If possible you can reduce both the things.

For /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK program , please check if you are using SNP Parallel Processing ProfileThis profile specifies how background jobs are split into parallel processes. In the profile, you define the number of processes that can be used, the size of the blocks, and whether you want to use a specific server group. Such a profile is specified for a specific application.

I think you do not require to execute /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG program everyday. You can use it only once a week, over the weekend.

I think with overall, you will able to reduce the time for your process chain. Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks

Amol