Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum "Insurance"?

jochem_schueltke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Would a new public SAP Community Network Forum "Insurance" be useful?

Could it be a step towards an easier and closer communication between SAP for Insurance customers, partners, and SAP?

What's your opinion?

Kind regards,

Jochem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochem,

Thanks for this idea! 

There is already a space in SCN for Insurance.  I've copied you on some emails that include Ingvild Bayer and M. Rakesh.  You should reach out to Ingvild if you would be willing to moderate.   Here is the link to the space.

http://scn.sap.com/community/insurance

Best regards,

Jeanne

jochem_schueltke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeanne,

Most probably I can take over the moderation and editorial staff regarding the existing SCN space (community ‘SAP for Insurance’). We can align further details on May 23rd at the earliest. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,

Jochem

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochem,

Please reach out to , who can help you with this.

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also think that this is the great idea, from december I started to work as FS-PM, FS-CM consultant, before that I worked for five years as MM (ERP) consultant, and right now I'm missing a lot all the documentation and consultants knowledge from various forums.

Kind regards,

Milos.

Edited by: Milos Isakovic on Jan 19, 2011 10:13 AM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am glad your idea made it to the very top of the Idea place SCN topic rating:))

Hope the SCN team is listening and will take some actions.

Good luck everybody,

cheers Otto

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Sorry for the late response, great idea...

I did think that there was actually already a claims forum? Maybe this should be linked?

Kind Regards

Darren

jochem_schueltke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please vote for this idea at: [https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/2236]

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like people do like the idea, you get some votes pretty quickly.

Side note: If you think you didn´t get enough votes, you can check other "top" ideas to learn that above like 10 votes means pretty popular idea:))

You got my vote and have my support.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jochem,

So much has been brought forward in favor of the new forum already so I will not contribute another elaborate post to the discussion. Just let me add that I would stronlgy prefer an open forum over the closed teamroom platform.

Cheers from Vienna,

Michael

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The more critical mass of community requesting this the better the chances of creating a new forum for this topic.

Nice to see you gathering momentum. In addition getting an SAP product sponser for the forum and 2 moderators are prerequisites.

Once those things are in place a request can be made of our team. Gali Kling-Schneider usually handles the forms and requests.

So 1) get your selves a sponser

2) get going on critical mass in this thread showing sponser that there is interest

3) ask sponser to assign some moderators

4) make sure sponser mails to Gali to complete request form for new forum.

good luck!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ladies and gentlemen,

I recommend you to submit this idea to Idea place: https://ideas.sap.com/index.jspa

We could count replies to this thread (or you could come up with some more reasonable KPI/ critical mass measure) but in my opinion the option to vote for the idea on Idea place is more "precise".

You can link the Idea here so everybody who is interested in the topic and would welcome the new forum can go to Idea place, vote and/or comment. It could also help your idea gain some more visibility to use more than one (forum - this thread) channel.

Best regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it makes sense to establish a forum for Insurance here.

Perhaps this will be an easier and more accepted way compared to the "Collaboration Workspace".

Well, it has another focus, but for the aim to get more people together in the insurance field - this is the way.

Stefan Worm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes definately. This would be helpful both ways - A) specially to higlight SAP as player for end to end offering ( Credibiility in Policy offeriing ) + Innovations ( Sysbase, Hanna ) and B) to hear what externl party feels about SAP offerings. This is necessary for future roadmap planning.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochem,

I feel having a forum specifically for 'Insurance' is need of the hour.

Over the past few months, I've observed that questions specific to SAP Insurance Solutions in Industry Solution General Forum @SDN have increased dramatically.

It's high time we make SAP for Insurance more visible.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jochem,

My opinion is that this is a great idea to share thoughts, ideas, business and IT problems with respect to the insurance industry, SAP for Insurance software, implementation experiences, best practices. My customer Achmea would really appreciate it. The challenge is foresee is to reacht the right audience, to keep it interactive and to reallly share also in public our ideas. We need to avoid that it becomes a open complaint forum. Maybe we would need some editorial role.

So, great idea, but also take the possible pitfalls and downside into consideration.

Good to hear from you and wish you all the best and luck. Hope to meet you soon again.

Regards and "frohe Weihnachten".

Herman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another great idea from you Jochem

In addition to Markus I would suggest subfolders by module.

Cheers, Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jochem,

I also regard this idea as very useful.

Especially because we need a comprehensive communication platform not only for FS-PM but also for all other

IBU´s within the SAP for Insurance suite.

My suggestion for possible topics - referring to our agenda in the german fs-pm consulting community - would roughly be:

1. Organization

1.1 Sales / Opportunities

1.2 Knowledge Management

2. functional topics

3. technical topics

4. misc

Best Regards from Würzburg / Germany

Markus Wagner

nobisCum Deutschland GmbH

BORIS_GREVEN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jochem,

I think this is a great idea

If we consider that our customers do not have only challenges e. g. implementing one or several insurance products (e. g. like FS-PM) but the whole and complex horizontal landscape selling insurance products/policies. At the end of the day customers are having the complex and manifold sales process in focus and we could be proud to get input from the market: our customers and partners.

VIG, for example, is implementing the complete SAP for Insurance suite including CRM. In my opinion the IBU Insurance needs to do more for the integration of our products, for reducing TCI/TCO and for the most important E2E-key-processes in insurances selling insurance products/policies using different channels.

If we create this platform we could not only exchange great ideas but rather learn from the market, getting feedback from customers/partners and more integrating/streamlining our insurance portfolio. Let`s do it!

Thanks again for the great idea & best regards,

Boris.

Boris Greven

Solution Manager

IBU Insurance

Edited by: Boris Greven on Dec 16, 2010 1:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do believe there is a strong requirement to improve the communication and collaboration between customers, partners and SAP in the Insurance playfield. However, looking at the maturity of the industry and the adoption rate of new technologies I wonder whether a Community Network Forum will be suitable. Nevertheless I would strongly support the idea and give it a serious try. It is up to us all then to make it a living forum and create traffic by adding real value to everyone in the Insurance industry.

Regards,

Leon

thomas_wolff
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Jochem,

thank you first for this idea. I would welcome this measure in order to align more and faster with existing and potential customers and partner of SAP for Insurance. I am looking forward that this action helps us to accelerate to step into the insurance market faster especially with SAP Policy Management. Using such new communication channels could help to discover further opportunities and would give us an active possibility to get in contact with our target groups and stakeholders. Not only for solution management but for consulting, too.

Please keep us informed. Thank you in advance,

Best regards, Thomas