cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities without costs - only for time planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I've search in the forum already, but I didn't found any thread which answers my question.

My company produces ropeways. So we have in our project structure a lot of engineering, producing and purchasing activities as well as on-site activities. It depends on the contract with our customer if the activities on-site get executed by the customer or by us. So we can have a lot of activities that have only the purpose of time planning. Without costs and workforce planning. We didn't implement the system yet, but I'm testing SAP already. So I wonder how we can handle this in our SAP-future.

So, as I discovered you have to setup a vendor, a purchasing org. and so on in the activities before you can release the project. What's the purpose of this?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read SAP Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to setup vendor and other purchase data in the activity only if you are gonig to outsource this activity to outside vendor. If you are assuming you are doing it inhouse, just fill the data on 1st tab of 'internal acitivity'.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain activities in the standard system without costing them. Just maintain the relevant control key as suggested in the previous post. As fr as the second query is concerned, please get in touch with your Materials Management guy. He will be able to explain this in a better manner.

As far as Purchasing from projects is concerned go through SAP Help as a starter. You will get some idea.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For your first question regarding activities only for time tracking, you can create a control key in OPSU with cost irrelevant and schedule relevant.

The second question is not clear, kindly elaborate.

Regards

Ravi