Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot during Production - Sample Size = 0

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

We are creating inspection lots during the production and our problem is,

that at some lots the sample size is blank.

I can't find the reason for this.

It is strange, because a few lots get the sample size and a few not.

But they are created at the same time !?

I can't see any routine behind this.

We are using a dynamic modification rule, but it is always the same level - quality level has not changed.

The DMR affects to the lot level.

Problem happens at the same quantitys:

example:

lot a created at 10:00:00 with 14 meter insp. lot. qty and sample size 14

lot b created at 10:00:01 with 14 meter insp. lot. qty and sample size 0

Can someone give me a tipp, what else I've to check to solving this problem.

Thx in advance for all tips

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

First thing is whether you are talking about the same Material or different materials.

If different materials then Reason could be the problem is with the Task list/routing not getting attached during the inspection lot creation( Inspection with task list not ticked")

If for same material then may be due to Skip status of the inspection lot or type of sampling procedure used.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast answer!

oh sorry, thought its obvious.

It's the same material and the same sampling procedure.

Skip Status is also not active - same quality level.

thx for help

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with these lots whether task list is getting attached.......

Generally if in QM view "Inspection with Task list" is not ticked then sample size becomes zero.

that's what possibility i know apart from this DMR plays role for all char which you says not exists...............

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that task list is attached to both, because I can see the result-nodes.

"Inspection with Task List" is ticked.

When I check the QA33, I see that the field "At lot creation" is empty at the lots, which have no sample size.

However, when I calculate the sample size via the button in QA02, it is ticked.

this does not make any sense.

Thats strange

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these 03 or 04 lots? I assume they are 04 lots since you indicate an inspection plan is assigned and 03 lots don't use inspection plans.

Also, are these early creation lots?

Are they all from the same process order or different process order?

The sample size is going to depend on data from the process order or goods receipt depending on how some of your master data is set up and when the lots are actually created.

FF

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

These are 03 Lots.

They are all from the same process and all data I could see is ident.

Only the sample size is empty and the flag in QA33.

Thx for help

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using inspection points? Was the example you gave above from two different inspection lots or one lot with two inspection points?

You can only usually have one lot per process order.

I am assuming the two lots you gave as an example were created from two different process orders. In this case, the sample qty usually is determined by the planned receipt quantity in the process order. Depending on your units of measure and what was in the process order you can get two different sample qts.

Check each process order and see how much was planned for each order.

Tiller

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other possibility is that you are working with either optional characteristics in the recipe or that you have DMR at the characteristic level. What is the status of your characteristics in your respective lots? Are they a status of 1 or 0 when created? If all are 0, (optional) then I don't think any sample size will be calculated. If they are a 1, then a sample size should be calculated.

FF

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello FireFighter

First, thx for your support.

With same process I've meant, that it is the same production process - but different production orders.

The problem occurs at different lots, not at different points.

No, there is no difference in quantities.

The lot qty is filled in both lots, but only the sample size is empty.

The planned qty also don't differs.

DMR is not active on the char. level.

I can only see the char. status at lots, which have got an sample size - because I can only see results when sample size is not blank.

Lots with sample size have got status 1.

When I calc. the sample size at those lots which have not got a sample size (via CalcButton in QA02) the also get status 1.

Thx for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are your characteristics optional? Pls check, If all chars are optional, sample size will be zero.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All characteristics are obligatory.

The orders are totally identical.

Only sample size in lots is one lot filled and in one lot empty.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, it looks like the common solutions might be exhausted. Time to look at weird ones.

I assume this wasn't just a one time occurrence. That it has happened once in awhile.

What I find interesting in the example you posted is how close the times are. Interesting in that I haven't seen a lot of cases where that happens. I am guessing that it is happening because a planner is releasing a bunch of process orders all at once. How are they doing this?

I think you should check the times on the lots where you see this problem. Are the lots with problems always created very close together? If so, I'm thinking there might be timing or locking issue. What if the DMR is locked when the second lot is created? Could that cause a problem? I don't know, just throwing it out there. What happens if you edit the quality level in one screen and while editing you release a process order? Do you get a problem?

I'd start tracking some of the lot creation times.

FF

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello FireFighter

Again thx for your great support.

Locking issue sounds very good.

But on the otherside, I saw that in the past also 3 lots has been created in the same SECOND.

And all got the sample size.

Production Orders are created via TA CO41.

I doubt that editing a DMR while releasing a PO makes a problem.

Because the problem does not happend on the same day and so I don't think that always a person was working on the DMR.

Thx very much again for help.

Christian

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You missed my point on editing the DMR. That was only a test. My thought was that process order A was uodating the DMR and might have it locked when process order B was also trying to access it.

I wasn't suggesting someone would be editing the DMR when the orders were released, I was suggesting the orders were stepping on each other. Editing the DMR while releasing an order might be a way to test the theory. It might not as there could be other record locks on other objects that cause the same problem, not just the DMR.

And yes, you might see a bunch get created at the same time. Maybe the system is faster at times. Maybe you have new report running in batch that takes longer to run and isn't done before the users come in in the morning and begin releasing orders. Maybe some days it is done. Who knows what can affect system speed and locks at any given time?

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

now, one year later, I am back and can answer my question.

FireFighter was right and it realy is a locking-problem.

For all persons who have the same problem, please check the note 504255.

Big thanks to FireFighter for great help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

A costumer wants to if the sampling size is "0", no inspection lot will created. Or if inspection lot quantity is 0-3000, it can be. Because when inspection lot quantity is 0-3000, the sampling size is calculated as "0".

Can we solve this problem with the standart methods? I suppose we can do it with abap solution.

If GESSTICHPR=0, e_no_inspection = 'X'.

What's your suggestions?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

For GR, if the Quantity in Unit of Entry is "0-3000", we can say no inspection=x.

It couldnt be wth standart methods.