cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user-specific application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first time I installed SAP Gui 720 on my personal computer.

After having installed all files, I would like to run the programm via SAP logon 720.

My connection-type is: user-specific apllication server

Parameter system-connection:

application server: ???

instance-number: ???

system-ID: ???

SAProuter-string: ???

I am a little confused, because I can not find any helpfull information how to continue.

Btw, I got Gui 720 from my university.

The file, 700MB, also contained PDF's for installation-help.

But, as I said, no information for above.

I actually set up the installation-server.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The information you are requesting is specific to that locations SAP systems. Its not available as a default variable to fill in for all SAP GUI connections. Much like setting up a PC with software which points to locations on a network or local machine.

I assume you want to connect to your personal computer to the university.

If its the University, you would need to speak with someone there to gather all this info. If its another SAP system, then you will need to speak to someone who has that info. Typically this is the Basis team who would have this info.

application servers: Name of server which SAP is installed on. <name>.<domain>

instance: <2 digit number> 00 - 99 (This is determined when the SAP servers are setup)

system ID: ❤️ characters> could be letters or numbers. Normall called the SID. Could be PRD. DEV. anything

It sounds like you have the GUI installed, you only need to point it to the SAP servers.

Unfortunately the only way to get that info is to ask someone at that company/university for it. Its not documented in any SAP GUI manual.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zecher,

first of all I would to thank you for your extensive answer.

I have to say that I guessed it would be this way.

No I have to talk to my university in order to get that information.

Actually, my intention is to work with GUI at home sothat I can get more experienced with the programm.

Next year I would like to specify on SAP-user-field in my bachelorthesis, therefor I need some hands-on-practice.

I already worked with SAP, got a project this semester, additionally I am starting to deal with ABAP.

So, thank you again.

Best,

Patrick