Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing sap netweaver 7.0 ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

im working in omnix international llc Jordan company

i need to install netweaver 7.0 ehp1 i recently received the DVD which its 30dvd with the ERP 6.0 and oracle database

and with blue-ray 25 giga that contain solution manager

i think that to start installing ERP i should install netweaver before so i check the master guide and i see that its helpless

so if any one have an idea how to start installing sap netweaver and then installing ERP and what hardware i need for the installation or any useful document that could help please post because i think the installation is the biggest challange im facing in my career .

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The installation is easy, not to worry

Go to the link Sunny has provided. Here you will find the Installation guides for both ERP and Netweaver.

In case you need a standalone Netweaver system, then in the instguides link, goto SAP Netweaver-> SAP Netweaver 7.0-> Installation. When you scroll down, take the guide under Installation-> SAP Netweaver systems. Based on your platform you can easily install. The tool used for installation is SAPINST.

The same holds good for ERP. You do not have to install Netweaver first and then ERP. YOu can directly install a ERP system in which the Netweaver components will automatically come. The guides for reference is in the link Sunny provided under SAP Business Suite Applications-> SAP ERP. You take the Installation master DVD for Business Suite-> goto ERP. Again SAPINST is the tool used. The installaton guide will very well tell you the steps. Ensure the Database is installed before starting the installation of the SAP system.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sunny

first of all i read the master guide that conmes with the DVDs and i see its helpless

and i ve open this link before

i need document or anything tell me how to start installing SAP

and i want to ask you do solution manager important for SAP installation and if so what can we get from the solution manager

regards

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all you have to know what you want to install. ERP, BI, Solution Manager, ... it's all based on the technology platform "Netweaver".

I think you have to install ERP. The current version is ERP 6.0 with Enhancement Package 4. This version is normally shipped by SAP.

The next thing you have to know is which Operating System you will use and also which database. With these information you can go to [service.sap.com/instguides] and have a look for the relevant guides. They describe perfectly what to do wor which Release, OS and database.

regards, Martin

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, solution manager is mandatory for installation of ERP system. You should install solution manager first then install ERP 6.0 EHP4 system. Link which I have given has the installation guide. On this link, you will get SAP Business Suit Solution link on left side and under this you will get SAP ERP, from there you can get the installation guide as per your database and OS release.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get the installation guide on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

You need not to install Netweaver EHP1, you can install ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready system and then upgrade it.

Thanks

Sunny