cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping when working with file to file Scenario as Attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have a file to file scenario and we are sending 3 files in a single message using the file attachment .(Using additional files option option in file adapter)

My issue now is can we do mapping tor this file send using this option like fileA will have one mapping logic and FileB also will the same mapping logic ...?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, requirements are still not very clear.

If what you meant was have a multimapping fromt he main payload + 2 attachments to a single destination file, it's possible to handle attachments in Java mappings if you're on PI 7.1+ and extend the new Java Mapping class (AbstractTransformation) instead of implementing the StreamTransformation interface.

Details here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all you have to consider that receiver file adapter does not support attachments.

When you want to apply the same mapping logic for all files, is there any specific reason, why you can't simply process the files one by one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

my requirement is like this

I have three files two data file and one trigger file .

trigger file must go after sending the data file since we have three Java nodes the trigger file is send befor the data file to the receiver.

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souz,

i am not very clear ur requirement. i think trigger file is created after data file in source system in your example.

if like this, additional file is not suit ur scenario. if only the data file exist without trigger file, the channel would still pick the data file and processed.

correct me if i miss-understood sth.

Regards,

Kevin Song