Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of MDM to FTP Server and PI File Adapter Configuration

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are currently having problems with Syndication in which no report shows in the log/report for the error. Whenever we restart the MDM PI Adapter the syndication works properly to ECC. We are running 7.1.3.44 on the MDM while PI Adapter is at 7.11 already. Have checked and SAP confirmed that there is an internal API issue.

Does anybody have an step by step configuration on the MDM to work with FTP as well as PI Adapter to be able to pickup files from FTP.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is one I wrote that uses the FTP adapter a long time ago:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Will there be any configuration to be conducted on the MDM? As I see this is all a step by step configuration for file adapter. This link is really helpful.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Will there be any configuration to be conducted on the MDM.

You don't need any specific configuration on MDM side. When you are using FTP Adapter in PI, it will treat MDM system as a FTP server and pick files from there.

Going back to your original question, yes it is a known issue, we need to restart MDM Adapter services if MDM server is restarted but that is a small trade-off compared to the advantages MDM Adapter offers. Now you can even do EOIO in MDM Adapter.

I would suggest to stick with MDM Adapter until and unless you have something which only FTP adapter will do.

Thanks

Aamir