cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported PI objects using (Transport using File System) not visible in IR..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a new Objects under already developed and working SWCV, Namespace in XIDEV.

I have test and working fine in XIDEV. Now I want to Tranport the Object to XIPRD as we dont have QAS.

I am Exporting(Transportig) using File System it will be created a .tpz file.

I am successfully creating a .tpz file and importing a file in XIPRD.I am getting Successfully Imported a xyz.tpz file and xx number of objects have been imported.

When iam checking under the SWCV , I am nt able to find the my concern namespace and Objects uner the namespace.

I search a lot in google and i have got one nice post form there i tried a lot but I am unable to find the solution.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions and Inputs .Waiting for your Inputs.

Thanks,

Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi.

I know this is an old post, but it seems there are no positive answers to this problem yet, so I will post mine.

I had the same where I export from a QA system and import to a Dev system. Everything is successful and cache is updated, but the objects are not visible in the SWCV.

The solution seems to be from this note: http://sap-note.com/1580750.htm

I basically went to the original system and made a small change to the description of the object.

Saved and reactivated. Then I redid the export and import of the object.

This time I got a version Conflict to resolve. I chose the newly updated one and the object now appears as expected.

Hope this helps others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know this is not correct way to do. Can any body tell me solution for this.

As i follwed the same procedure many times it was transported. I am strange why it is nt showing the objects in Objects tab when iam transporting successfully and it is showing in Transport list successfully.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Edited by: sajjid_sap on Dec 22, 2010 11:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I really appreciate for your valuble suggestions and inputs.

As I complete my task which iam facing transporting problem in PRD. By devloping all the objects again in PRD.

Thanks,

Ahmed.

Edited by: sajjid_sap on Dec 22, 2010 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed,

Check in the changelist. If not visible, then go ahead with Cache refresh.

Also ensure that the target Business systems are configured correctly.

Do a cache refresh. Check the blog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to transport only one namespace to XIPRD. After importing .tpz file in XIPRD it was imported 2 namespace . Due to this I have deleted both namespace and actiavated. To do again.

Now this time I selected my concern namespace and Exported and Imported to XIPRD. And I got Succesfully messg also.

This time I unable to find the objects and namespace.

after that i tried a lot like refreshing a cache , closing and opening the IR.

I can see in transport list.

I gone through all forums still didnt help.

Please if anybody know the solution please help.

Thanks

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

The file transport process is as follows:

1) export the object from QA system

2) .tpz file got created

3) copy .tpz file from XI quality server and add that file in production server.

4) now import the .tpz file in your XI (IR or ID)

5) if object is not visible do a full cache refresh

Hope it works for you

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

Thanks for replaying.

I agree the flow we have to first do form DEV to QAS and QAS to PRD.

As we have only DEV and PRD.

The file transport process is as follows:

I have created.tpz file and copy .tpz file from XI DEV server to PRD Server in OS level (Basis People)

I Import the .tpz file in my XIPRD (IR)

I do a full cache refresh also.

Still I am unable to see objects. in Objects tab.

Thanks

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Go to Integration Repository -> Tools -> Find Transports click on search after specifying the date of import.

You could see your TR with status "imported successfully".

If it is showing imported successfully and still the objects are not udpated in SWCV then it could be a cache issue

then go to IR -> Enviornment -> Cache notifications and see if the cache is updated.

If you can not find your transport with "imported successfully" in Find Transports then its not imported to IR.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me know how you are importing your SWCV in production.

Is it directly via .tpz file or you are transfering from SLD?

Try to transfer whole .tpz file without transferring Software comp from SLD.

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the below steps:

1. Before transporting objects ensure that all the objects are activated.

2. Transport the objects individually, when you try to move the transports along with the SWCV, by default deleted objects option will be enabled. So, sometimes, all the reference of the deleted objects will also be moved.

So, recommended to move objects individually.

3. After exporting the objects, copy the filename and provide to your BASIS team to move the objects. They will copy the from the this application server and will paste in the target application server.

4. Then you need to import the objects in the target system.

Refer this thread, with the same issue:

Thanks,

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Dec 16, 2010 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ Shardha,

I am transporting through File system(by creating .tpz file).

Thanks

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

I follow the same procedure.

Still i am ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this issue happened in the past ? Or this is the first time you are trying to import the objects into this system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing this issue first time as i am imported lot of objects like this procedure only by creating(Exporting) .tpz file and importing file into XIPRD. at that time i never face any problem.

Thanks ,

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you imported for the same SWC before? Because there might be an issue with SWC also.

If not, then try to re-transport the objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you imported for the same SWC before? -

>No.

Because there might be an issue with SWC also.

If not, then try to re-transport the objects. -->I tried almost 7 to 8 times of transporting the same thing. Bcoz I am having in transport list 8 entries of Import list.

Thanks,

AHmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

The below thread is similar to your issue, Check this. Finally they deleted the Software Component version from IR and re-imported the same again. That fixed the issue.

Ref:

Thanks,

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try couple of more options before deleting the SWCV.

1. Delete the previous imported .tpz files from prd server and re-import the .tpz file .

2. Change once again all the objects in Dev system and create a new .tpz file. Import this file in production system.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want to take chance, risk of deleting the scnerio form PRD server. which is working fine from past few years.

Rather of deleting the SWCV from PRD, which is working fine from past few years. I have create namespace and Objects manully. I know this is not the good habit doing manully work in PRD, as we have to do development/Manual work in DEV Server and tranport those thing to PRD.

Meanwhile we dont have permission to change in PRD. As we have the option as Objects are modifiable is disable only XI Admin/Basis Team can do this.

I really apperciate for you valuable time and inputs/Suggestions given to me.

Thanks,

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajjid,

I really forgot that the issue is with the PRD server. As you told that you have created namespace and created the objects and moved to PRD its a good idea of doing(not interupting the business). I appreciate your idea regarding this.

Thanks,