cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Mapping conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I have a scenario were in,If the Order no field in IDoc is 01 it should call one mapping .and if the order no is 02 it should call another mapping.

like this i have upto seven order no's.

I am thinking of creating 7 different mapping and 7 receiver determinations with the appropriate conditions? But i think the scenriao would be lenghty..

Is this is the only way or any other approach can we have to acheive this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am thinking of creating 7 different mapping and 7 receiver determinations 
My Receiver is only One business system.not multiple receivers?

If your sender is one system and receiver is also one system then why have 7 Receiver Determinations? Importantly when your Sender and Sender Interface is same...XI/ PI will not allow you to create multiple Receiver Determinations.

You create different mappings and then include them in the Interface Determination and accordingly specify the condition there itself....is your target structure different for the different Order Numbers?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvi,

Yeah for different order no's i have different target structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u chked the blog which i have mentioned in my earlier reply??i think the scenario explained over there is similar to urs....

Thanks

Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think that you can create 7 RD for the same Send and Receiver System. but two options for your choice.

one option is create 7 opeartion mapping and give the condition in Interface Determination for every operation mapping.

another one is add the condition in message mapping. this maybe complex in mapping. I am not sure if you use the same target data type for all 7 different mapping. if you use the same message type, duplicate the root segment directly and map the condition to root segment to create it or not. if you use different message type, use multiple mapping and add all the message type in the MM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk this

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Also, ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frnds,

My Receiver is only One business system.not multiple receivers?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Based on your description, you only need to create one receiver determination and one interface determination. In your interface determination, specify the xPath conditions for the operation mappings. e.g condition 01 then use this interface/operation mapping.

If you have different receivers, then you can also use xPath for this. For more infor, please refer to the blog below:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Hope this helps,

Mark