cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBTABLOG entries deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to delete the entries from the table DBTABLOG table.I know i should not delete the entries directly from the table but i don know why?any one help me understand the same.One more thing is that i want to delete the entries and not archive the entries.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the Data management guide from http://service.sap.com/ilm

In page 23 of Data management guide you have the information you are looking for DBTABLOG table entries removal.

Please go thru entire 4.1.7 section of it and make a proper decision.

Please be carefull.

regards

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the following thread (several other threads exist on the same question/topic)

[;

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I wanted to specifically know how to delete the data from SARA and not as mentioned in the note.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to delete the entries from SARA.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow "Note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably" point 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As mentioned earlier we are trying to do it from SARA rather than from other way.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you read the Note 706478 point 6 has clearly mentioed that you can also delete using tcode SCU3 as per note 41300. Also make sure you have not activated table logging unnecessarily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am reiterating the point i had mentioned earlier i wanted to delete data using sara and not scu3.is there a standarad way to do the same.Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to tcode AOBJ for object BC_DBLOGS and see what report you have for archiving (RSLDARCH01) and what you have for delete data (RSLDARCH02). Create variants of selection for both reports, when you run SARA for BC_DBLOGS it will ask you for variant, when it must begin and so on. I suggest you to run tcode TAANA for table DBTABLOG to do the selections in report RSLDARCH01. Ask you to your basis consultant to check how to works logs in your system (tcode DB02) to avoid a shut down of your system.

SARA in archiving call the report for archive that appear in AOBJ and so on for deletion, read, etc...

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks a ton for the detailed expalantion.Will get back after the trail.Thanks.