cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion only 100 characters read from source..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case I have a sender channel with file content conversion set as follows;

Recordset structure : Record, 1

sequence: ascending

Key field type : String (case sensitive)

record.fieldseparator : 'nl'

record.fieldnames : Data

ignorerecordsetname: true

Idea is in ECC, when a custom program is run, it reads the shipment data and builds an xml file with data in various nodes like;

<shipmentId>6767667</shipmentId>

<DelvText>hjysks sag fhdososlhfiof </DelvText>

Now all this data is converted to a single string entry under tag called <Data> and passed on to the third party system by PI using above conversion.

And the resulting file will have all the data like this;

- <Record>

<Data><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?></Data>

</Record>

- <Record>

<Data><ShipmentId>6767667</ShiomentId>.........</Data>

It so happens that the data that is populated in the <DelvText> by the program is lost during conversion. I get only first 100 characters in the resulting above mentioned XML after the file content conversion happens. rest of the string is lost. I can see all other data perfect except for this long text.

This is the data I enter in the delivery's header text under shipment instruction field. I debugged the program and see that the entire text is indeed filled but gets lost after the file conversion happens !!

What can be the reason ?

thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> <Data><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?></Data>

> <Data><ShipmentId>6767667</ShiomentId>.........</Data>

It seems that your incoming file is already XML and you should process it without FCC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, for not being clear. Looks like the data is passed via proxy to PI from ECC and that data is being converted and mapped to a single <Data> tag.

As I mentioned earlier, everything else is working fine, all other data is perfect. Only this delivery text is appearing upto first 100 characters.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you think you are clear now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Stefan, I am.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only repeat, what I have already written:

It does not make any sense to do an FCC on an XML file.

You should not even try to fix the issue, but redisign the whole scenario instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, I appreciate your concern, thanks. But this is an already working interface and I cannot change it and can only assist with minor data mapping changes and troubleshooting such issues.

Scenario is simple, ECC has to send shipment data to third party via PI.

The shipment data has to be sent as an XML file with a single <Data> tag as I showed to you earlier.

It is so weird that when I type my delivery text less than 100 characters I can see that in full text in my XML file but only when the text is more than 100 characters, the XML has only 100 characters and it is passed to the third party like that and so third party is consdering this as incomplete info.

Would help if you can think and let me kjow what may create this kind of an issue or if you can point me where to look for issues.

thnks