Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return del to vendor- How delivery type determination

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am creating return delivery to vendor in MBRL transaction code with reference to Material document, the system is creating delivery with RLL document type, want to understand how the system is determining RLL document type for 122 movement type vendor return delivery.

Do we have any assignment for delivery doc.type determination like how we have PO returns delivery.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

During MBRL, activate "Create Delivery" indicator, it will create a Delivery Document with Delivery Document Type "RLL" i.e. Return Del.to Vendor and Item Category will be "RLLN"

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

I want to know how does the system determines delivery document type as RLL, do we assign some where?

Regards

Lakshmikanth

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In development system delivery type determined as RLL it is correct. But in quality system the delivery type determined as HOD which is not correct.

Not sure how did this determined?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you observe both delivery type in Tx:0VLK.

you will find only the difference is reference document.

if you use material document it will fetch del type as HOD , if its PO ( with returns marked and shipping tab triggered) based on customization it will trigger "RL".

looks like its inbuilt. MM forum will give more accurate update.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Got the solution from SAP note 359247, we need to do the configuration as suggested in this Note.

The steps are:

1. You must add an entry to the domain fixed value for the domain DLVTP: Fixed value RL. Short text: Return delivery to vendor - this is already available in ECC 6

2. Use transaction SM31 to maintain the view V_156Q_VC. Go to movement type 122 and change the delivery category from OD to

RL for all entries with movement type 122.

3. Use transaction SM31 to maintain the view V_156Q_VC. Go to movement type 161 and change the delivery category from OD to

RL for all entries with movement type 161.

If we complete setp2, the system will determine RLL delivery type which is correct.

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this contribution. I was wondering what was the final step to reach the delivery type RLL with this delivery category RL.

I beleive this is to be maintened in V_TVLOZ.

The stange point is the fact that this customizing is known in HUM customizing and I did not find any other path despite this Create Delivery flag might be used out off HUM context.

Logistics - General>Handling Unit Management>Basics>Delivery>Delivery Type Determination>Set delivery type determination for outbound delivery.

KR

Théophane

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lakki,

this is system standard functionality given by SAP.

when ever you do return delivery thru MBRL with material document system determines 122 GMT.

there might be a program which triggers it.

balajia