cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide floating field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I know this is pretty comon question. But somehow its not working for me so pls help.

I have a text element with 4 floating fields in it one below the other. I want to hide the 3rd floating

Field if it has null value and the 4th floating field should move up to the 3rd floating field position. I tried java script on the 3rd floating field, also tried wrapping all the elements in a subform and had a java script at subform level. Still did not work. Please suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any reason for its being a floating field...?

If i were you I do the below.

Lets say you have 4 fields to be displayed one below the other in the text object.

So for these fields I create hiddenfields rathar floating.

On the text object I have on floating field.

On the form ready event of this floating field, I concatenate the 4 hidden fields value excluding the null ones and separated by "\n". "\n" is for javascripting new line.

There might be otherway which I am not aware of.

But this is simple....what do you say ...?

Cheers,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution sai. I will wait for any other solution response. If not i will try your method.

Thanks Again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well Put all the 4 fields in one subform and make the subform as flowed.

and for the scripting part what you can do is check the value if it null then make the field as hidden and if i t is not null make it as visible.

so when the 3rd fields is null and hidden your fourth field automatically moves up to take place of the 3rd field as the subform is hidden.

Regards,

Sakshi

Answers (0)