Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documentation of RNOTIFUPDATE02

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Question 1

we got a problem with the refreshing of sap message in our solution manager service desk, as we can see on imp.guide on the basic configuration Sap suggest to create a background job of program RNOTIFUPDATE01 for get the answers of message sent by the Sap solution Manager.

after run this job we found on application log slg1 under object ( SOLAR) -subobject ( JOB ) the next error message:

DNO156 - You do not have authorization 002007974700001184512010 at SAP

i got more information of how the error created in this thread:

Link: [;

The steps ob the configuration for basic configuration is correct, all the RFC connections are running and the respective S000 user of each RFC connection have the correct authorizations.

Question 2

While trying to solve this problem i found on package DNO the program: RNOTIFUPDATE02 - Update Report for Multiple Customer Installations (System Resellers) and inside this program code are a piece of text that explain their functionality.

The question is when this program have to been used ? i don't find anything on sap marketplace about this program, the only information is that are inside the code.

Lluis

<< Moderator message - Please do not promise points >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 15, 2010 5:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Lluis,

In response to Q#1 You say you are implementing Service Desk, so I take it you have not Define date of last update yet?

Define date of last update:

You can use the program RNOTIFUPDATE_TSTMP to define the time that is to be taken as a basis for the run of the report RNOTIFUPDATE01. This is necessary for the first transfer of messages. It can also be useful if the job terminates due to RFC or authorization problems, or if it has only partly fulfilled its function. The job should then run again and all changes of the incorrect period should be updated.

This sounds like your issue so please review SAP Note 781163 - RNOTIFUPDATE01: Information for scheduling

Now for Q#2

This program RNOTIFUPDATE02 is used in the scenario for a Service Desk for a Service provider, for instance a Reseller, where multiple customer's Solution Manager systems forward messages to the service provider/reseller Solution Manager system, and they need to manage multiple customers, they also can forward messages to SAP. This update would not be used unless you are implementing a service desk for a service provider. So if that is not your requirement, then that program will not be useful to you.

Hopefully I have answered both questions to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Paul

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paul,

but the report RNOTIFUPDATE_TSTMP don't solve the authorization problems, i have check the code of programs affected and the modification on table performed by the program RNOTIFUPDATE_TSTMP in table dnod_update is not relevant to authorization errors, that i told.

And about Q#2, the information that you are telling is the description inside the program; but is rare that SAP don't provide any information about this program.

i will update this threat if i found how to solve it.

Luis

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Now for Q#2

>

> This program RNOTIFUPDATE02 is used in the scenario for a Service Desk for a Service provider, for instance a Reseller, where multiple customer's Solution Manager systems forward messages to the service provider/reseller Solution Manager system, and they need to manage multiple customers, they also can forward messages to SAP. This update would not be used unless you are implementing a service desk for a service provider. So if that is not your requirement, then that program will not be useful to you.

RNOTIFUPDATE02 must no longer be used !

The following reports exist to get updates on messages from SAP Global Support Backbone:

• RNOTIFUPDATE01

for customers with single customer numbers, customers with mutliple customer numbers, Service Provider, Large Enterprise Customer, Hosting Partner, Channel Partner, VARs.....

• RNOTIFUPDATE07

for Software Partner (outdated term ISV)

See an overview on partner types:

[http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000725138&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&]

Best regards,

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> And about Q#2, the information that you are telling is the description inside the program; but is rare that SAP don't provide any information about this program.

See my answer above.

There is rare information on RNOTIFUPDATE02 because it's outdated. Use RNOTIFUPDATE01

Best regards,

Ruediger

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruediger,

Q#2 - solved, but i think that SAP should specific that report RNOTIFUPDATE02 is obsolete.

thanks for you information.

and what about Q#1 ?

line:

Question 1

we got a problem with the refreshing of sap message in our solution manager service desk, as we can see on imp.guide on the basic configuration Sap suggest to create a background job of program RNOTIFUPDATE01 for get the answers of message sent by the Sap solution Manager.

after run this job we found on application log slg1 under object ( SOLAR) -subobject ( JOB ) the next error message:

i got more information of how the error created in this thread:

Link:

The steps on the configuration for basic configuration is correct, all the RFC connections are running and the respective S000 user of each RFC connection have the correct authorizations.

line:

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got more information about how to solve errors in job REFRESH MESSAGE STATUS of report RNOTIFUPDATE01.

Error found in SLG1 object SOLAR sub-object JOB

CRM_LINK (005) No links corresponding to the specified data could be determined. (english)

CRM_LINK (005) No se han podido determinar enlaces según los datos propuestos (spanish)

This error is solved after implementation of the last version of this notes:

1500728	RNOTIFUPDATE01: missing IBase, Reporter, Sold-to-Party 			
       1504815	RNOTIFUPDATE01: Note 1500728 enhancement				
       1504431	Incorrect error message for RNOTIFUPDATE01 				
       1489078 Missing title for reports RNOTIFUPDATE01 and RNOTIFUPDATE07             
       1407141	Support notif.: Unrecognizable chars when sending to SAP		
       1423642	Support Desk, using report to confirm tickets				
       1452078	RNOTIFUPDATE01: No job log entry for error messages			
       1470685	Self Diagnosis reports some jobs are not scheduled properly		
       1514212	Self-Diagnosis:Background jobs not scheduledly properly			

This notes don't solve the problem that i got on the first post of this thread, this is only more information while i try to solve the authorization problems in RNOTIFUPDATE01.

any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

thanks all.

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I finally solve the authorization problems.

The problem was caused because the user maintained in the customer RFC connection ( SM_SP_.... ) was not authorized to manage SAP message in sap support portal.

How we can get the customer number from error log message:

the number that you can see in the log correspond to a SAP message number 0020079747 - 0000118451 - 2010; with that number you have to search in table DNOD_UPDATE where you can find all errors from message synchronization; in this table you can find the field INSTN (installation number) and search in table AIINSTALATIONS the customer number for that instalattion.

Once you get the customer number you only have to find on SM59 the RFC connection to the customer and will get the OSS USER.

With that oss user you have to open sap support portal, to check if that user have next authorizations in all installations of the customer:

• SAP message: Confirm SAP message

• SAP message: Create SAP message

• SAP message: Send to SAP

before to run RNOTIFUPDATE01 again you have to run report RNOTIFCLEAR_DNOD_UPDATE_KEYS to delete entries in DNOD_UPDATE; after that you can see how the problem is solved.

Luis

Answers (0)