SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSM-FM Commitment Carryforward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a problem when performing commitment carryforward.

I am using Funds to represent each quarter of a year, this object is derived in FMDERIVE by posting date.

When performing commitment carryforward I need to change the fund assigned to the commitments for a new one.

I'm already using the derivation strategy for reclassification. But, when performing commitment carryforward I get an error message because this strategy is not consistent with FMDERIVE.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Joana Mensurado

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,put message number and text

0 Kudos

Hi,

"The message is the following:

Reassignment of account assignment element Fund not possible

Message no. FMCF108

Diagnosis

The Define Account Assignment Derivation is not compatible with the Define Derivation Strategy for Reassignment. The value 0 was determined for document no. 4000000258, the reassignment strategy for account assignment element Fund. However, this was overwritten with value 4 through the account assignment derivation of Funds Management.

System Response

The document is not processed.

Procedure

Adjust the Account Assignment Derivation of Funds Management or the Define Derivation Strategy for Reassignment in such a way that they are compatible with each other."

The problem is that I cannot ajudst the account assignment derivation neither the derivation strategy for reassignment. I need that the derivation strategy for reassignment completely substitutes the acc. ass. derivation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi, check note 741221,1263965,1381343

Edited by: alex ice on Dec 16, 2010 11:35 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

But I had already cheked that note and the problem is that I cannot adjust both account assignment derivation and derivation for reclassification.

I need something that allows me to overwrite the account assignment derivation, with the derivation for reclassification.

In my scenario those derivations will always be diferent, because the document date is from a specific Fund and when changing year I need to derive a different fund. But the document date remains the same.

Do you know anything that can help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,try to use FMCB,FMCT . here you do not need to activate reassignment strategy

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to use FMCB to select documents, I enter document number and all other required information but when I execute, the system doesn't retreive any information.

It doesn't select any document.

Do you have any clue why this is happening?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,i havn't system now, worklist should created. Check it.

By the way,you need to specify NEW account assignment in selection screen, and check if Test run check box exists

0 Kudos

Alex,

Thanks very much for your help, for now I solved the problem in other way.

I will create different Funds every year, and the commitments carried from previous years will remain with the same fund.

Making it easier to always identify budget and commitments carried forward. Because, although they are in the next year the Fund will still have a reference to the year from which it originally belonged.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Joana Mensurado