cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation class & material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Automatic account determination, Valuation class and Material Type assignment thr A/c cat ref. is mandatory but

In which case we go for Valuation class and Material Group assignment option?

if we do the this config (VC & Mat grp), it means that we don't need to assign VC to Mat Type?

Please provide me detail infomation

Thanks with anticipation

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> For Automatic account determination, Valuation class and Material Type assignment thr A/c cat ref. is mandatory but

> In which case we go for Valuation class and Material Group assignment option?

>

> if we do the this config (VC & Mat grp), it means that we don't need to assign VC to Mat Type?

>

> Please provide me detail infomation

>

> Thanks with anticipation

> Raju

If there is no material master record entered for purchasing, a valuation class is requried for material group to do account determination. Also, the assignment of a valuation class to a material group enables the system to determine different accounts for the individual material groups.

Hope this may help you.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies, need some more clarification

For ex:

1. Already config exists in the system as Mat type (ROH)& Val class (3000) - G/L 1000

2. Created material group: "ELECT" & for automatic account determination purpose did config as "Mat Group & Val class" - G/L 2000

3. created material "MM01" with mat type (ROH) & used material group ELECT

4. If I create PO with this material MM01

which G/L account system will fetch, either 1000 OR 2000 ? please provide me explanation

Raju

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Thanks for your replies, need some more clarification

>

> For ex:

> 1. Already config exists in the system as Mat type (ROH)& Val class (3000) - G/L 1000

> 2. Created material group: "ELECT" & for automatic account determination purpose did config as "Mat Group & Val class" - G/L 2000

> 3. created material "MM01" with mat type (ROH) & used material group ELECT

> 4. If I create PO with this material MM01

>

> which G/L account system will fetch, either 1000 OR 2000 ? please provide me explanation

>

> Raju

Does MM01 have VC 3000 assigned? If yes, G/L 1000. If No, G/L 2000.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of service procurement (which is without material master where service master is used) only, material group/service group link to valuation class & then G/L account is assigned with material group/ service group.

This concept being used for account determination without material master where G/L accounts are assigned with material group basis. Material group can be created in OMSF and to link it with valuation class in OMQW.

So when you Release SES,

You have Service Procurement for Machine A/C: Cr & GR/IR Service: Dr

NOTE:

For Raw material or material created with material tyype ROH, not required material group for as a factor for auto account determination.

Regards,

Biju K

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Let's try to clarify the things. Material type doesn't affect account determination directly. Through A/c cat ref. it defines which valuation classes you can assign to the material. It is the valuation class (with other factors) that control the account det.

When you create a PO without material no., you don't normally have the valuation class, since you don't have the material to assign it to. Instead, you can assign a valuation class to the material grp (the material grp is mandatory field in the PO). Follow the IMG path: MM --> Purchasing --> Material Master --> Entry Aids for Items Without a Material Master.

BR

Raf