Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO status always remains "AWAITING APPROVAL" - WF error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are working on SRM 5.0 SP13 ,ECS.

We have implemented the workflow WS14000145 for PO approval.Now when I perform a consistency check at SWUD for WFL WS14000145,I get the foll errors:

E. WS14000146 POSub.n-Step Subworkflow N-Step for PO (BADI)

I WD:017 No start events or start transactions/forms

I WD:019 Container element ExcludedAgents is not used

E. TS14007959 POMAILSEND Send Mail to Affected Parties/Purch

E. BUS2201 APPROVED

Binding warnings

E SW:084 The object categories 'BO' (source) and 'CL' (target)ar

E. BUS2201 REJECTED

Binding warnings

E SW:084 The object categories 'BO' (source) and 'CL' (target) ar

How do I correct the above errors for the workflow?

Also because of the above WF errors,I am unable to close some of the PO's .When I try to close the PO's(by checking the indicators "No further confirmations expected " and "No further invoices expected " under Item data-->statistics),the indicators remain checked but the PO status always remains "AWAITING APPROVAL".When I click on the approval preview(graphical view),I see message "Error .click for details" and under table view ,I see "NO APPROVAL REQUIRED".

In order to close the above PO's,is there any workaround or other way I can change the status of the PO temporarily to atleast be able to close the PO's?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is document status and workflow status in BBP_PD transaction?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BBP_PD,Document status is as follows:

Stats:

Status Description Inactiv

HEADER I1009 Held X

HEADER I1015 Awaiting Approval X

HEADER I1021 Created

HEADER I1038 Complete

HEADER I1043 Ordered

HEADER I1080 In Transfer to Execution Syst. X

HEADER I1132 Transfer Failed (E.Sys.)

HEADER I1180 Document Completed

Workflow status is "COMPLETED".

Please advise how do I close the PO or atleast change the status for the document to "ORDERED".

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is PO transfer error to backend and not workflow error.

You can find transfer error info in the RZ20 transaction.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in SWUD ,I am getting errors for the PO WF.Is this error not becuase of that??

Also in RZ20,I am not getting any backend related error but under the node "SAP EBP Procurement Internal Monitors",Internal errors-->IApproval, see the following error :

SP1\EBP Procurement

Internal(400)\...\Internal\App: No method assigned

Function module BBP_PDH_WFL_PARAM_APPLET_FILL at SWD_API_WORKFLOW_GRAPHIC_GET_X ; Sy-subrc: 1

Please advise.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1489373 - document in awaiting approval but workflow completed

Symptom

SRM-document stays in status 'Awaiting approval' but workflow reached status 'completed'.

Other terms

V1 V2 I1015 I1052

Reason and Prerequisites

Update session V1 failed. Document appears in list of failed update requests (transaction SM13)

Solution

Attached correction or resp. support package.

Afterwards the failing update session will set the workitem and its workflow to error status (Error changing to status). A workflow restart after error with transaction SWPR is possible.

Some times we have to take action via backend method only if you could not recreate the problem

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the runtime error in tcode swi2_diag. Also for your workflow, try replicating the workflow templated again using fm 'swd_wfd_replicate_from_9999' and reactivate it.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu!The note does seem relevant but I am still confused due to a new observation

Another observation :

The WF for PO approval is actually not activated in our system which means that this issue is not related to workflow .Additionally ,now I see some errors in the backend application monitor stating that "PO backend Transfer failed".

So as Masa mentioned earlier,this issue could be more related to PO replication.I tried all ways to update the status for the PO and observed the foll:

1. After running SW01,for the changed/latest GUID of the PO,the PO header status did change to "ORDERED" but then under Item data-->statistics the indicator for confirmation was reset.When I tried to chekc the indicator to again close the PO,the PO header status again changed to "Awaiting Approval".

2. Using FM SWW_DLEETE_ITEM,deleted the work item(old) for the PO and tried to chnage the status as mentioned above.But the issue still remained.

3.Tried to make the status "AWAITING APPROVAL" inactive by using FM "CRM_STATUS_UPDATE" but no success.In BBP_PD,the document status was updated(Awaiting approval inactive checked) but in the web portal,Under "Process Purcahse order" transaction,the PO header status still showed as "AWAITING APPROVAL"..

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Were having the same exact issue. how was this solved?

Answers (0)