cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data server changes not taking effect in clustered environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having some intermittent issues in a clustered MII environment. When a user logs into the MII admin portal and changes a parameter on the data server configuration, the change does not appear to be taking effect on all nodes. For example, if you disable a running data server, save and view the status, the status will still show "Running," and you can still hit that server with a data call! However, restarting the server node by node seems to resolve the change.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? We're running version 12.1.7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Grant,

I just tested your scenario of a 12.1.7 b50 system and have no problems. The setup of my system is it has 1 instance with 2 server nodes. Are you talking about a true clustered enviroment where you have two actual server boxes or something to what I listed above. That is one server box and on that box you have 1 instance and multiple server nodes below that instance?

Also what build of 12.1.7 are you running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

We're running on build 47, and our system is two physical servers with one node each. Also, after some testing, it looks like one of the servers takes the change, but the other one doesn't. After a restart of the MII server with the issue, the changes are applied (which makes sense), and if you try to change the setting after the restart, the change takes place and everything works as expected. This isn't the first time this has happened, so it seems that after a while some sort of issue occurs that causes this error, but the error can be resolved with a restart of the server.