cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send sms when bi process chain failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Is some one inform me how is it possible to send an SMS when a process chain failed ?

Is there a possibility to paramter something on the SAP BI system to execute this action ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you have your email server/proviver enabled to send you SMS notifying new incoming emial, you can do following:

Set up sending emails based on Process Chain status in BW. Then if BW sends email you get SMS by your email provider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is an SMS option . But an email can be send when a Process chain gets failed. The detail step for this is

1. go to ALRTCATDEF

2. select classification "Process Chains"

3. click on display/change

4. double-click on "error in a process of a process chain"

5. click on "fixed recipients"

6. write in your username (you have to maintain your e-mail address in SU01 for that to work)

7. save

8. In RSPC, take the required process chain

9. go into edit mode

10. from the menu, select Process chain -> attributes -> alerting

11. check "send alerts if errors occur"

Regards

Lekshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of my projects, we use to get automated calls after a process is failed. I will ask my friends how they did it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer

Regards

Lekshmi

siva123hana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Solution is not clear. Could you please provide some more details?

Regards,

Siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you found the answer to this question yet?

waiting for your help, thank you,

Regards

rodolfo_bermudezneubauer3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Connect (Transaction SCOT) allows for communication vía SMS (as well as Email, etc.), but this requires additional configuration to interface SAP with the celular service provider, which would be out of the scope of BW topics covered here.

I suggest you research this first and once you have enabled your BW system to interface with your celular service provider you can come back to see how to setup SMS notifications for process chains. As an advance, it can be done through transaction RSPCM or through an event in each process chain.

Regards

siva123hana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution is not clear.

Regards,

Siva

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SivaPrasad Pudugosula

it is very simple. A prerequisite is that your email provider supports SMS notifications of incoming emails. In that case setup s simple rule that will notify you by SMS about any emails coming from BW system's Process Chains.

Hope this helps.