cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change revenue recognistion relevance for the Item cateory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the sap notes 1166848, inorder to change the Revenue recognistion relevance from the standard to the service-related revenue recognition (revenue recognition type B) using T.code OVEP, however i am still facing the same issue that the field is uneditable. Is there anything is should do before i can make changes to the same. We are planning to test the Revenue recognision in our sandbox.

Thanks in advance for quick support.

Br,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

since changes in settings can create a lot of problems, you have to raise a note so that SAP activates the change mode even in your sandbx

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you So much for your valuable answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HelloSridhar,

Regarding use of Revenue Recognition, please check through the notes:

1172799, 820417.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Again,

Those notes doesnot give any other information how to change the configuration.

If i put my question in this way that i would like to know how to change the item category for rev. recognition as 'B' - service related in my sandbox system. do i have to raise a OSS notes to SAP A.G to activate the configuration even for the sandbox...

Br,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to raise a OSS help with SAP.

Thanks,

Venkat Cheedalla,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

First a message needs to be raised with SAP.

Then SAP sends back a questionnaire which needs to be filled up, in order to obtain the activation key to open the customzing.

Once all the tests are done, you again need to contact SAP thorugh a message to get your processes validated for use in the productive system.

Regards,

Raghavendra