Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB12 - Database backup not shown in logs ---ECC6 Release 701

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to solve an Issue where we can see no logs in DB12. My system is ECC6 release 701.

I tried hard to search for solution . I got some resolutions/ Notes for release 7.0 . which cannot be implemented for my system.

My standard jobs are all ok.

At OS level the backup is ok.

I have checked the INITSID.sap file is all ok too.

INITSID.offline file is all ok.

Please see the screen shot below :

Please revert if you need any additional information from my end.

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

So we used br connect command brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPIE1 and now we can see the logs...it points synonyms to SAPsid

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I saw that my table SDBAH and SDBAD had other owner than SAPsid .

We found out that the tables SDBAH and SDBAD were pointing to wrong owners because of which the tables were not getting updated.

We tried to do update but there was an error that ORA-01779: cannot modify a column which maps to a non key-preserved table

So we used br connect command brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPIE1

Now we can see DB12 logs getting updated.

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but check if saposcol is running.

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

all services are fine.

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad Shetty

Which tool (and which version etc) do you use to perform the actual backup ?

Kind regards

Tom

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

BR0651I BRTOOLS 7.0 .OS is Windows.

Do you need more information ?

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you check your Database Connections from DB02? You can manage and test DB connections from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You sure that the logs available on OS level? whats your OS? and the permissions are correct to sapbackup folder?

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

OS is windows and permissions are right .

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad Shetty

I would recommend you update to BRTools 7.10 (latest version) to make sure it's not related to a bug in your BRTools version.

BR*Tools 7.10 also offers other functionality such as calculation of system and dictionary statistics for Oracle along with your regular statistics run (by setting additional parameter settings).

We even noticed some speed up in SAP system backups using BRTools 7.10 compared to BRTools 7.00.

Kind regards

Tom

prasad_shetty2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Tom ,

Are you sure this gonna help us ?

Regards,

Prasad Shetty

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad Shetty

I'm not sure it will solve your issue but it's a possibility.

Updating BRTools can be done online (given no backup or other action is using the BRTools at that moment).

If you take your backups through BR*Tools, the newer version can even speed up the process a little bit. Other advantages such as automatically doing system & dictionary statistics for Oracle are also present in that new version. For me definitely worth while to implement.

You should also check the relevant SAP notes on filling table DBSTATC and Oracle statistics delivered by SAP as there are also improvement there when you use BR*Tools 7.10 compared to the old version.

Replacing SAPOsCol as mentioned by someone is also a very easy task and can also be done online so I would try out those two points. Solving such an issue from a distance without access to the system is always a little bit guessing what could cause the issue. The more information you can provide on the issue, the better the answers will be on the forum.

Kind regards

Tom