cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on Business Process Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to know if there is a way to monitor spool jobs in business process monitoring or other tool? I assume that I can monitor background jobs with BPMon but I don't find where I can monitor the content of the spool generated by the job?

I read also that job management can monitor jobs, but for the task "monitoring", it refers to BPMon.

Can you please tell me if I can do it? because I read in some doc that it is possible but no way to find how.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BR,

Mohamed BOUSSAID

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hey

You can monitor if the job created a spool

0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed,

the job monitoring does not allow the monitoring of a spool file as it is an unstructured TemSe file. If you have important information to monitor you should write it into the job log and classify it via message class, message type and message number. Such structured information can be easily monitored via BPMon.

Monitoring the content of a unstrucutred spool file which can easily get several MB is too performance expensive and hence not supported.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM monitor can use satellite system 's CCMS.

You can try to use the monitoring type in BPM CCMS monitor, and open the satellite system ' spool monitor in rz20. then u can double the information, and view the details about the spool jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lili,

Thank you for your reply, but how you can monitor job's spool with CCMS? what is the corresponding MTE? thank you for providing more help.

BR,

Mohamed

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

I think the MTE is ESP\Spool\...\SpoolNumbers\UsedNumbers or like that....

Call transaction RZ20 and open a monitor containing the relevant alerts.

Select the corresponding tree node and choose F1 to obtain the name of

the MTE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Have you checked the SolutionManager Help Library.

There is a section on Job Monitoring Here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/8e/3ad6f807e147669036d2a6aed597aa/frameset.htm

If should help you along.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul for your reply, but there is nothing regarding my request. I can't find how to monitor job's spool from BPMon directly.

BR,

Mohamed