Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP change

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a situation.

We are going to change all our ip's of our SAP servers from 24th Dec 2010. So what are the areas this change will affect in SAP apart from SAP router? Do we need to change anything within the servers itself?

Please Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are going to change all our ip's of our SAP servers from 24th Dec 2010. So what are the areas this change will affect in SAP apart from SAP router? Do we need to change anything within the servers itself?

Make sure the host file is updated accordingly - and that the servers find each other if you don't use DNS.

Markus

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus.

We are using DNS over here. Can you please tell me specifically. What are the areas we need to check and put the new ip?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are using DNS over here. Can you please tell me specifically. What are the areas we need to check and put the new ip?

Then changed IPs must be reflected in the DNS - you should check all RFC connections (SM59) and also all other connections you use (e. g. SCOT).

Markus

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Many thanks........I'll checkout these.

So when our service provider changes the IP ......we just need to stop the SAP system change the DNS and the SAP-GUI IP.......then start the SAP system. .......Now check in SM59 & SCOT if it reflects properly the new IP settings......then it's done .....that's it!

No more steps needed?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if you have any non-SAP triggered external connections from OS level so you have to check that yourself.

Apart from that you should be safe.

Markus

Answers (0)