cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc field structure error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement like i need to add an additional field to the existing IDOC structure from where it is used for the xslt mapping and do the remaining process.

The mapping part is one to one but i need to add an another field to the external defintion idoc.

Source is IDOC and the target structure is the same structuer that is in the external definiton.

for this i have exported the xsd of the idoc and then i have imported through External Definitions part. but if i need to add an another field to it it is not allowing to do that..

So please can anyone suggest me how to proceed..

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ... where it is used for the xslt mapping and do the remaining process.

For XSLT mapping it is not necessary that the structure inside Integration Repository is accurate.

The XSLT mapping will work even when the structure is totally different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

i need to add an additional field to the existing IDOC structure

Is there any specific reason for usign IDOC as external definition (are you changing the occurance of IDOC)?

what is your sender and receiver system?

Are you expecting the value for this addition field to be populated by sap along with the rest of IDOC data? if yes then ,get a custom IDOC created in SAP with the required field.

Or if you want to populate this additional field in PI usign any logic (assuming you are sending to any non sap system), then you can create a new ED for the targert , just export

the ED to desktop , open with any xml editor (xml spy or microsoft visual studio 2005) and navigate to the portion of xsd which you want to edit add the field -> reimport in PI and use it as your target strucuture.You cannot edit ED directly in ESR.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Check this: http://www.saptechnical .com/Tutorials/ALE/IDOCExtension/IDOCExtension.htm

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/documents/extending-a-basic-idoc-type-18138

Thanks,