cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms layout printing diffrent in diffrent printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a layout designed in Smartforms. Till now it was printing fine from a specific printer but when using diffrent printer it is not printing well. Major issues are:barcode not showing, Font size is bit smaller & some text from the right hand side is missing. Is there any printer issue we need to fix or do i need to design diffrent layout for this printer? Please advise.

Rgds

Sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a similar problem with SMARTFORMS for 1099 called IDWTCERT_US_1099MISC. We noticed that the print preview after testing the 1099 and the print preview from the SPOOL (trx SP01) shows the 1099 form OK, but printing it out cuts off the right side of the form/image.

There are two things we've tried so far:

1) In SPAD, we have adjusted in the Output Attributes Tab of the DEVICE the area called Additional SAPScript and Smart Form Information. Here, the horizontal move can be entered as a -10 (in millimeters) for instance.

This didn't work for us, as it only shifted the truncated image to the left 1 CM.

2) Before printing from the spool in SP01 we changed the printer from the device type to be LOCL. This worked well, but we are not sure that it will work well when they print the 1099s in the production run.

I'd love to get some more feedback on this issue to see if using LOCL is the best way to do this, or if I can shift the background image or something. Shifting the background image would be difficult, however, not to mention it would make all the SMARTFORM fields on the 1099 print in the wrong spot.

Further ideas?

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define a new output device and use SAPWIN :MS Windows driver, Latin-1 as Device Type. In the Additional SAPscript and Smart Form Information under Output Attributes tab, input 4 - in Horizontal Move.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no real issue with the printer. Different printers have different printable margins (and possibly printer shifts defined). Your printer also needs to support barcode printing and the other font/size in question. If you switch device types or printer models on an existing form design, you will usually have problems like this. You can generally make adjustments such that the form design will work for both.