cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform not hitting main window on page 2

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a PO smartform in which the items are displayed on page 1. I have set up another 4 pages of information which should or should not appear, depending on the type of items on the PO. I'm having problems getting this to work in all circumstances though.

This is the way I have it set up currently:

As I don't know which page is to appear after page 1 (as that will depend on which items are on the PO), at the end of the main window in page 1 I have a condition telling it which page to go to next. This works ok and it does go to the correct next page. However, my problem is that in the next page it prints out the information correctly (from my secondary window) but then ignores the main window, where I have the conditions to tell it which page to go to next. I've added a bit of code into the main window and a breakpoint against it and I can see that the breakpoint is never reached.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong please ?

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

The main window will not trigger using comman unless and untill it has some data need to be printed or some processing left.

you can solve your problem in this way

Create same window for each page.

Create overlapping seconday windows on extra 4 pages.

Now create a internal table with 4 records as count as you need to print 4 additional pages.

Now ininitilalization add for record to table itab

Conttents of itab

Now after end of your printing of items create a table on this itab

in table create empty text

and command to go to next page.

Now form will call next page where in overllaaping seconday window your contents will be printed

since there are still three records to be processed in main window again it will get called and your next command will be executed.

You can handle the next page using tabix .

hope this will help u.

dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create a seperate MAIN window for each page?? or did you copy paste the default MAIN window in PAGE1 to other pages???

I would suggest you copy and paste the same MAIN window in other pages as well and then check if you are able to reach the break point.

Vishwa.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

thanks for your quick reply. I created separate main windows for each new page. The problem with copying the page 1 main window is that it is entirely different to what I want in the other pages. In the other pages, all I want the main window to do is tell it which page to go to next - nothing else, there is no text or anything else in there. (although, I have tried putting some text in there just to see if it hits my breakpoint and it does not).

Malcolm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, then use other windows to trigger the new page, just minimize the size of the MAIN window in other pages and use secondary window to display the data you want and then trigger a new page. Creating a seperate MAIN window for each page wont work,because logically it should be the same MAIN window in all pages. But,dont completely remove the MAIN window in other pages,just reduce the size.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Without spcifying the nextpage in page1 of smartform it will not go to next page,even if you spcify the condition to trigger a page.

To solve your problem if possible try to use 3 windows in your 2page and assign the conditions to that windows.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shirisha

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

for some reason I'm not able to reduce the size of my main window. I get a short dump every time this is executed unless the main and secondary windows are exactly the same dimensions.

I can't believe this is so difficult to do. What should have been a 10 minute task has turned into 3 days and I still haven't solved it.

thanks,

Malcolm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Malcolm ,

I am also facing a same issue.

Could you you please tell how u resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep