cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a doubt in my mind. Two days before my PRD Server crashed due to HDD. So i had to install SAP ECC 6.0 again. Luckily i am having offline Backup of my database. And 2 days before also i did client copy of my production client to a particular client of DEV Server.

For tne mean time, we have asked our end user to work on DEV client on which we had performed client copy form PRD.

Here comes my doubt, for restoring my database will i have to perform DATABASE Restore or can i perform Client copy from DEV Server client to PRD Server.

Thanks in advance

Disha Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a good idea to use your development server as production system as there may be development changes which may not in the production.

Is one HDD crashed or multiple, are you not on RAID5 technology specially for production landscape? Have you only lost the database or SAP installaion as well?

You need to restore your successful offline/online backup and roll forward (if you have redo log files).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Multiple HDD crashed. I have lost the database as well as SAP Installation..

I do have offline backup and redo log backup with me...

So will i have to restore offline backup form tape via BrTools..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to know what if i recover it via client copy form Dev Server? beacause i have same data in client of DEV server as we had on PRD server,...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I strongly suggest to use offline backup of your production server than client export/import from DEV.

As mentioned earlier you may have some development which may not be in production client.

You need to install SAP, database software. No need to complete the installation of import data (using sapinst), you can stop and restore your offline backup. Just make sure that the database filesystem structure created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to know what if i recover it via client copy form Dev Server? beacause i have same data in client of DEV server as we >had on PRD server,...

Never, never do that, you will break you production system.

It was also a very bad idea to have your users work on the DEV system : their work is now lost.

The only safe way is to restore the production system backup and have your users redo their work...

Regards,

Olivier