cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Mail with Attachement to Sharepoint Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Briefly, my scenario is like this. There are files on my ECC system which have to be mailed to Sharepoint Server so that they are added to the Sharepoint List. The file types can be anything like .txt, .pdf, .doc, .xls etc

For this, I have created a File Sender communication channel which picks up the file from the sender side and a receiver mail communication channel to receive the file and send it as an attachment to a given sharepoint mail address. The sharepoint then adds the files to the required list.

The issues are:

1. I have used MessageTransformBean and PayloadSwapBean to achieve the attachements in pdf format. As of now trying only pdfs. I am receiving the pdf in correct format in my mailbox(cced to my address in receiver mail adapter). The message is successfully delivered to the sharepoint server also. On the sharepoint server, a folder is created with the "subject" of the mail, but the attachment is not getting added to the folder.

2. Is there anyway to extend this beyond pdf for all kind of documents. Because ultimately the file sender has to pick up any kind of file on the server and the same file with correct file type and file name has to be put on sharepoint server.

Thanks in advance.

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I could not find why mailing from PI Server does not add files to sharepoint. But there is an alternative for this. The sharepoint provides certain web services for this purpose. "CopyIntoItems" is the one for this scenario. You can have a File-to-SOAP scenario and achieve this.