fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm confirming an activity and adding more work to the forecast work, as shown:

Planned Work: 100H

Actual Work: 50H

Forecast Work: 60H

I though the cost of this 10 extra hours of work was going to be added to the planned cost of the project but is not happing. Is this a normal behaviour? It's possible to see this extra cost in a report?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is a normal behaviour as forecast wont update your planned cost.

By entering a forecast work you anticipate that the work may consume these many efforts, but you plan for 100 Hrs remains the same.

You can view the forecasted work in CN47N but not as costs.

Edited by: ravi kumhar on Dec 15, 2010 11:56 AM

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

Do you think it would be a bad practice to modify the planned work once the project has been released (instead of using the forecast work) in order to use budget reports to compare initial budget vs. planned costs?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a not a bad practice.This is the practical difficulty in projects.Normally when you kick off the project you start with a plan.During your course of project execution there will be influence from external and internal factors to change your planned costs.That is how real projects work.

Normally when we release the project for execution, we baseline the projects. so that at any point of time when ever you change the planned cost in the operative, you have a baseline to compare how far your planned cost has escalated during course of time and also your actuals.

Even when your project is on hold for few months due to some reasons,It is always a good practice to baseline the project before you restart.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a very helpful answer, thanks a lot.

Do you use CJ72 to baseline the project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is CN72 --> Save Project Versions, to create baselines

To compare, either you can use std CNS41 or S_ALR_87013538 reports

Regards

Ravi

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what I mean!

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)