cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of calendars in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the validity period of calendars in the APO system using the SCAL transaction code, but I am not sure of how to transport the changes to Production environment. Please help me with this.

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Guru Charan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The very screen in SCAL has the transport button on the top left in the Development system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RSA1 and now in RSA1 go to "source systems"..now right click on the SAP relevent client and click on the "transfer global settings" option.

Now a new screen will appear and select the "factory calendar" and select the "update table" mode and execute.The tables will be updated in SAP APO system.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

When I select Factory calendar along with Update TAbles, it is throwing the message: "Only Reconstruction Supported for Factory Calendar".

And basically, what I need is the transport the changes that have been done to Factory Calendars in the Development system to the Production System.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Guru Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have made changes in SCM dev and want to move the same to SCM prd you can use the normal TR movement.For this take help from your basis team.

If you want to transfer the changes from ECC to APO then use the same process as I have told excepy make the mode as "rebulid tables".You ca check the same for ECC dev to SCM dev and see the results and follow the same in ecc prd to scm prd.

Hope this will help.

regrads,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Koushik,

I shall do take the help for moving the transport. But the question is, how do I take the changes in the transport. The system didnt ask for any transport while doing the change of the period for the Factory Calendars.

Regards,

Guru Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If the system is not aksing for TR then I think you have to discuss the same with basis team.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

I think that you should reconsider the logic by which you are maintaining the calendars.

If your SCM is attached to an ERP, then your calendars must be in synch with the ERP calendars in order to maintain consistency. It is usually not important that the calendars in SCM Prod match the calendars in SCM dev. This is why SAP offers the option to import the entire calendar database from an attached system.

In many businesses, all calendar changes are performed in the ERP, using the normal transport mechanism (ERP Dev > ERP Qual > ERP Prod). Once the calendars are in place in the ERP, then the updated calendars are then copied from the ERP to the attached SCM systems using the program mentioned by expert Kaushik. Actually, if you run this program in batch periodically, you will always be assured that the ERP calendars synch with the SCM calendars. Program is RSIMPCUST.

Best Regards,

DB49