cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to send an external message to a webservice via SOAP-Channel. My WSDL references to a second WSDL and this one references also to three xsd's. I imported the wsdl-Files and the xsd-files as external definitions. When I want to create my graphical Mapping from IDOC to the first wsdl, an error occurs with message, that the external definition with the "main-wsdl" has no messages.

What can I do, that the references are created??

When I look into the tab "external references" of the external definitions, the URL-Location of is in the source field. The locations in the first and second wsdl are right.

Thanks already for your replies.

BR Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Thanks for your replies.

Regards Martin

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It would be wonderful, if you summarize the cause of the issue witnessed & what fix you opted.

I am sure, that would help a lot for those who searches the forum on the same subject.

Hope you agree.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, of course you are right:

It was not necessary that the "Main-WSDL" contents the complete definitions of the second WSDL and the following XSDs. I only created the necessary references. The definitions of the message are in the second WSDL, to which IDOC is mapped.

The problem, why it didn't work, was the webserver. The WS couldn't handle the message that was sent from PI and throwed a SOAP exception, which was displayed at the Runtime Workbench of SAP PI.

So my opinion was, that I need the "Main-WSDL" with Webservice-location and SOAP-action, but it is enough to configure that in the communication channel.

I hope it is clear now.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Martin

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect!

Cheers

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If spaces exists in your XSD 'source' label, your refering entities might not work.

Though, you would find it working in external tools like Altova XML Spy or any other XML reader, this wont work in PI.

Try to check if spaces exists in 'source' & modify them to see the result.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

now I reached something new. The references of the second wsdl to the three xsd-files works.

The complete message is imported. But I still want to create a reference from a "Main-WSDL" to the second WSDL. When I look at the tab "external references" the reference is displayed.

But the WSDL still does not have the message, and when I want to map to the wsdl from IDOC, an error occurs with message: WSDL has no message.

How can I reach, that the "Main-WSDL" contains the complete message without changing the WSDLs and XSDs?

Thanks already for your help.

BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BR Martin,

Your scenario is not clear, Can you explain it properly?

Well i had worked with webservices and i can give you some ideas related to webservice configuration

Lets take a scenario Proxy to webservice. Your source will be proxy and target is webservice. First you have to get the WSDL from the third party and upload it in External definition. Remember your wsdl should contain Request and response messages, url and soap action if any. Generally third pary gives zip file for wsdl, you have to check which is containing relevant information and only load that file. Also you can check the messages in external defnition message type tab

After this you can do 1:1 mapping in PI for proxy message and wsdl message.

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding your Main-WSDL should consists of the .XSD's which will contain definitions and your Main WSDL should show your messages as well.

I think you can't reference two WSDL's in one single External Definition. Manipulate Main and Second WSDL's out side of PI and get single WSDl in to PI with .xsd's.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen K,

yes you are right, my first wsdl should contain the XSDs with the complete definitions.

Scenario is IDOC to WS via SOAP-channel.

I imported each WSDL and XSD as external definition in SAP PI. The references are correct, but the message doesn't exist in my first WSDL. I need the first wsdl for my communication channel because location and action are defined there.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards

Martin