cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create rfc destination and ProgramID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I am trying to create rfc destination.For rfc destination i tried 2 create ProgramID through JCORFC Provider in Visual Administrator.After i entered all details and i i pressed set button it is showed an error check for logs.I have seen all log files.

D:\usr\sap\KPI\DEVBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.0.trc

D:\usr\sap\KPI\DEVBMGS00\j2ee\admin\log\

not even single log file containing description about this error.All log files are not even updated...they are updating only when i start n stop the server.I don't know how to solve it??????????

Any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance

regards

karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your system a double stack system?

For the JCO connection in Visual admin to work fine, ensure on the ABAP side, tcode sm59->TCP/IP connections, the RFC destination with exactly the same program ID is maintained.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soujanya,

thanks for d reply. do you mean both abap stack and java stack?yes it its.

i have created the rfc destination by using sm59.........i saved connection settings but not tested, next i tried to create the same programid by using visual admin.....

as log on data am trying to enter pisuper and j2ee_admin users.Is that any problem with username?i tried with SAPJSF user name also soujanya....but the same problem exists......and i can not find out error details...................:(

to create rfc destination i followed the below procedure...if it is not correct pls guide me..............

Usual Process

Maintaining the RFC Connections (Transaction SM59)

1. Log on to your SAP Exchange Infrastructure central instance host.

2. Call transaction SM59.

3. Choose Create.

4. Enter at least the following:

RFC destination:LCRSAPRFC

Connection type: T

Description: <your description>

5. Choose ENTER

6. Choose the tab Technical settings and do the following:

a. Select Registered Server Program

b. In the Program ID field, enter: LCRSAPRFC_<SID>

where <SID> is the SAP system ID of your Integration Server host.

Use uppercase letters only.

c. Enter Gateway host and Gateway service of your Integration Server host.

To find out the required parameters:

a. On the Integration Server host, call transaction SMGW

b. Choose Goto u2192 Parameters u2192 Display (see entries for gateway hostname and

gateway service)

7. Choose tab Special Options and select the flag Unicode in the box Character Width in

Target System.

8. Save your settings.

Java Stack

SAP J2EE Configuration for the Destinations (Visual Administrator)

1. On your SAP Exchange Infrastructure central instance host, start the SAP J2EE

Engine administration tool.

If you do not know how to start, see section How to start the SAP J2EE Administration Tool .

2. Choose Cluster u2192 Server u2192 Services u2192 JCo RFC Provider

3. In the section RFC destination, enter exactly the same program ID and gateway options for LCRSAPRFC that you used in the step Maintaining the RFC connection above.

Additionally, set the number of processes to 3.

4. In the section Repository, do the following:

a. Enter the parameter for the SAP XI host: Application Server, System Number, Client

and Language.

b. For User and Password maintain the login parameters for the user SAPJSF.

c. Select the flag Unicode.

6. Choose Set.

Testing

After you have maintained an RFC destination in both the ABAP and Java environment,

you can check it as follows:

1. Call transaction SM59 again.

2. Open your RFC destination.

3. Choose Test Connection.

No error should be displayed.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No business systems maintained in SLD means there is a problem with RZ70 Tcode. When you trigger Data Collection, is the result succusful? Also, in SLDAPICUST Tcode, you can select the row and do a test connection there itself. If the pwd of the user is mainained wrongly in the SLDAPICUST row, this issue could occur.

For the SWC to appear, importing the .tpz files will def. help. Please refer to http://service.sap.com/instguides->SAP Netweaver-> SAP Netweaver 2004->Installation-> SAP XI-> Installation guide-> Page 46/58. This will solve your issue.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 669669 is for importing the cimzap and the CR content only. Scroll down in the note, it says depending on the version of your SLD, you have to import the relevant cimzap and CR content files. You need to check your SLD details first by going to SLD-> Administration-> Details.

The note says mentions the range of CIM version ex: 3.x to 4.x-> use cim**** from SMP. similarly based on the version, you download the relevant files.

the SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA.SAR files are wrong. They are used for different purpose. What you need for your system is the "PI CONTENT for SAP Basis and ABAP". In http://service.sap.com/swdc, search for these files under Content provided by SAP. XI 3.0 guide clearly mentions this step. Just search for post processing steps .tpz files. You'l find this... You need to import the .tpz files to get the PI Content.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

my sld details are

J2EE Server: SAP J2EE Engine/7.00 PatchLevel

SLD Version: 7.0009.20060719102106.0000

Build: 20060826 1527, Depot: //sdt/com.sap.lcr/645_VAL_REL, Changelist: 346725

Last Status Message: Running

Running since: 12/17/2010 22:36

Working Directory: D:\usr\sap\KPI\SYS\global\sld

Java VM Version: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.4.2_16 on Windows 2003 5.2

System Properties

Total/Free Memory: 981 MB / 760 MB

Host Name: xisrv01

I have imported simsap.zip and CR_Content.zip files.These files are already existed here

D:/usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/sld/model/.....then again i imported the downloaded files from smp.

i got only these two versions......as latest upto 2010

cimsap61607_0-20006535.zip

CRDelta61607_0-20006535.ZIP. first i imported cimsap61607_0-20006535.zip suceesfully imported.then i given CRDelta61607_0-20006535.ZIP this file to import.warning msg came that Crcontent is not correct version for the target namespace.i cancelled importing and i left that wid default package CR_Content.zip.Then i imported design objects to IR XI7_0_SAP_BASIS_7.00_23_00.tpz.earlies IR was empty.now i am seeing some basis desgin objects.But the same error unable to import swcs from sld.I followed u r suggestion to get these files SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABAP.I couldn't get any files.after seraching again i got SAP_BASIS file.can u tell me where to look exactly for SAP_ABAP file in smp??

as both j2ee server and sld version is 7.00 i have downloaded CRDelta61607_0-20006535.ZIP,cimsap61607_0-20006535.zip files.anything wrong again here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

sorry forgot to give somemore details

i got cimsap and cr files from here

Support Packages and Patches - C" SAP CR CONTENT" SAP CR CONTENT UP TO 2010

after imported details are

Model Version (sld/active): 1.6.16

SAP CR Content Version (sld/active): SAP_CR 2.0 (produced 03/17/2005)

Namespace Model Version Classes Instances Associations Total Objects

sld/active 1.6.16 1072 36301 59950 97323

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi soujanya,

I got the SAP NOTE 669669 details from smp.I read the details completely and finished importing with latest versions of cimsap.zip and cr content and SAP_BASIS.I am struggling to download the last file SAP_ABAP.Soujanya can you please give me any clue to download this file?

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi soujanya,

I got the SAP NOTE 669669 details from smp.I read the details completely and finished importing with latest versions of cimsap.zip and cr content and SAP_BASIS.I am struggling to download the last file SAP_ABAP.Soujanya can you please give me any clue to download this file?

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me stress, its "PI Content" for SAP_Basis and SAP_ABA. Please give a search in SMP as PI Content or even ESR Content. This will guide you through. AFAIK, it comes under Content Provided by SAP section in Service Market Place.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai soujanya,

I am extremely sorry now i got the file.earlier what the stupid thing i did??i don't know...once again sorry soujanya and thanks for the reply.......

i have imported all files.After imported SAP_ABA file it loaded both basis and aba files.but the error still exists?still unable to load swc's from sld.when i give tcode sld check it's working fine.but other than green lines yellow and pink line msgs are der.

yellow lines msgs are

1.verify in the browser gui that the sld is in a healthy running state?

2.check data integrity within the sld.

pink color line

1.No business systems maintained in the sld.

i can not know what might be the problem still?????

KArthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of the system in use? For XI 3.0 there is no concept of CTC template. Hence all configurations need to be done manually.

From NW 7.01 CTC templates were introduced in the Netweaver Administrator/ NWA.

Either ways, whether you run the CTC template or not, cimzap, CR content and the PI content files iof SAP_Basis and ABA have to be imported manually. CTC templates take care of the RFC destn.s creation ie., LCRSAPRFC, SAPSLDAPI. Also takes care of RZ70 and SLDAPICUST.

XI 3.0 guide is for NW systems of release 640. Manual configurations mentioned in this guide is very good for beginners in PI.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

i got the access to SMP.to download correct version u told me that refer SAP Note 669669 in xi installation guide.I have downloaded SAP Exchange Infrastructure Release 3.0 SR1 Installtion Guide.In that guide also same thing..(You can download the most up-to-date files from the SAP Service Marketplace. See SAP Note 669669 for details.).but i can not find the deatils of SAP Note 669669.where i can get this note details?

i have downloaded

cimsap61606_0-20006535.zip

cimsap61607_0-20006535.zip

CRDelta61606_0-20006535.ZIP

CRDelta61607_0-20006535.ZIP.

i think cim model files and cimsap is the same.and i have got the cr content.but the last thing SAP_BASIS n SAP_ABA i couldn't find.I saw the file PI_BASIS with so many versions.can you please tell in smp how to search for these files?

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

i got a new point

i have tried searching in smp...i got SAP_BASIS700.SAR and SAP_ABA700.SAR files....these are not zip files.and in installation guide i have not seen about these files.any suggestion on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I download SAP software through Service market place. You could maybe check in the Download section of SDN if you can procure the software.

To know the correct version of cimzap and CR content, refer note 669669. It clearly mentions the navigation path in SMP.

To know the correct version of PI content for SAP_Basis and SAP_ABA, you need to download software relevant to your system information. Ex: If your system is NW 7.01, then download the PI content 701 files. If you get access to SMP, then you can goto http://service.sap.com/swdc->; Content Provided by SAP. Here you can further navigate to the PI content files.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

thanks for the clear reply......

and i have seen some where in forum thread that the configuration steps described for XI 3.0 are now done automatically by the Central Template Configuration (CTC) tool and u too suggested for me this.If i do this no need to import of all these files(cim,cimzap,cr etc).?If so Can you please give some more information about Central Template Configuration. Where to get it and how to run this.

Thank you.

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned, apart from cimzap and CR content files, please also import the PI Content .tpz files for SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA. I have mentioned how to do this in the previous thread. All the files need to be downloaded from Service market place.

In order to create the new entry of SAPSLDAPI, you just have to overwrite a already exisiting destination in JCO RFC Provider. This will only create a new entry. Ensure the correct login credentials are provided so that the RFC works.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai.......soujanya

i don't have access to service market place.

i have got location to download cim model files....http://cimug.ucaiug.org/CIM%20Model%20Releases/Forms/AllItems.aspx

but i couldn't get cimzap and cr content file.....in addition u told me that download PI Content .tpz files for SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA.If you know any location other than service market place....please provide me soujanya...or else fine i will talk 2 my lead and i will try to download...........

and how to know correct version of files according my system?

karthik.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I missed out a step. After cimzap and CR content import, make sure the PI content for SAP_Basis and SAP_ABA is imported.

The files are in form of .zip which when extracted yield .tpz files. These need to be imported through the intergration directory->Tools-> Import Design objects.

Ensure you are using the right version of the .tpz files based on the release of your system.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai soujanya,

thanx for giving replies.....:)

Tcode sldcheck opening the sld page.

not all green some yellow lines are there...those are

1.verify browser gui that the sld is in a healthy running state..(it's running fine)

2.check data integrity with the sld

3.check and maintain sld data content

4.no business system maintanied in the sld

gatewayhost and service are given correct.same in the RZ70 too.

i dont have idea about importing the CIM model files? The cimzap, CR content files from service market place.

and i dont have access to service market place.i will try this.

I think i have done wrong thing given same programid for both SAPSLDAPI,LCRSAPRFC.but how to create 2 programids throuh visual admin for JCORFC Provider?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeing the string of replies, Im guessing the RFCs LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are working fine now. Is the Tcode SLDCHECK opening the SLD page? Is everything green on the SAPGUI when you run this Tcode? If not let me know. I hope you have maintained the correct settings in RZ70 Tcode too.

Also, the Gateway host and port that you have specified in RFC is correct.

For no software components displayed, have you imported the CIM model files? The cimzap, CR content files from service market place. This is again a post processing step for a PI system. Note 669669 will guide you.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Edited by: Soujanya Holla on Dec 16, 2010 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The procedure is perfectly fine.

In sm59, what is the program ID you are maintaining? You can also give just LCRSAPRFC for the name of the RFC destination and the Program ID. Make sure for the gateway settings you give hostname: servername of the PI system and port: sapgw<sysnr> .Do a test connection once you finish this on the ABAP side. Good chance it will fail if JCO on Java is not configured properly.

Goto Visual admin->JCO RFC Provider-> Create/Overwrite-> LCRSAPRFC. Here on the RHS of this destination, give the gateway details right. In the bottom pane, mention client ( productive client- default 001), UN: A user which has enough authorization. In case you have DDIC UN and pwd, then provide the same. Also make sure the pwd you are entering works fine on the ABAP side. You should be able to login to the ABAP stack with this user.

The JCO fails for 3 reasons in the Visual Admin:

Wrong gateway entry in RHS of LCRSAPRFC. Entry is usually in the form of sapgw<sysnr>.

Wrong pwd for the user in the bottom pane.

User does not have enough authorizations.

Same Program ID on both the ABAP and Java part is very important.

If it still fails, refer XI3.0 Installation guide. It even mentions some example entries you can maintain. Handy manual.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Edited by: Soujanya Holla on Dec 15, 2010 12:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai soujanya,

thanks for the quick reply............without registering the program id in visual admin shall i test the connection in abap stack?

if you don't mind......i have scrrenshot clearly where am gettiing error...and what are all the details i entered....here i can not attach the files....kindly view my profile give me test message...then i will send you clearly my problem with screenshots.....or else i will try to give here itself the clear description of my problem.........let me know...

thank you...

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without registering the Program ID in Visual admin, the ABAP test will fail. Since I cannot have a look at the system, I suggest you use XI 3.0 Installation guide from Service Market Place. It clearly describes the steps needed for a succusful registration of SLD.

Since you are refering to LCRSAPRFC, I am guessing you are configuring the SLD for your system. If yes, then you can also run the "Configure Local SLD" CTC template from NWA. This will take care of the configurations automatically.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai soujanya,

I followed your instructions.....i did configuring sld through nwa.i followed this link to do that...it was fine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/23/b557422d095542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

the only problem is here...i opened logs

D:\usr\sap\KPI\DEVBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.0.trc

it's shwing error message as "can not add bundle SAPSLDAPI_KPI"...other than this no infor abut error...due to what reason it can not add.....

and from abap stack side...i have created SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC destinations and saved the connectiond and did sldcheck.error is

Error opening an rfc connection.....

Connection to SLD does not work...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

my server details are

gateway host :xisrv01

gateway service : sapgw00

client : 001

system number : 00

System ID : KPI

Program ID : SAPSLDAPI_KPI

and am giving application server host also as xisrv01...same as gateway host...is that fine??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai soujnya,

I tried changin log on details and it's created successfully program id through visual admin.....and sld check also working fine with one more error....rfc destination LCRSAPRFC doesnt exist....again by using sm59 i have created for this also same way.....

but how to craete another program id for LCRSAPRFC using visual admin in JCORFC Provider......there is no option to create more than one....or i have to use same program id SAPSLDAPI_KPI for this one also???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai soujnya,

I tried changin log on details and it's created successfully program id through visual admin.....and sld check also working fine with one more error....rfc destination LCRSAPRFC doesnt exist....again by using sm59 i have created for this also same way.....

but how to craete another program id for LCRSAPRFC using visual admin in JCORFC Provider......there is no option to create more than one....or i have to use same program id SAPSLDAPI_KPI for this one also???????

i have given same program Id for both SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC....Conncection tested without errors...i have given sldcheck.....working successfully.....rfc ping sucessfull...and sld working fine.....but the problem was not solved......

"Unable to read Software Component versions from SLd"........now what will be the problem?