cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

substitution rule is not working correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Gurus,

We have a problem in one of the newly created projects that the substitution rule is not working correctly; the data is not copied to the WBS element Cust. Enhancement tab.

Project 1 is working fine and the data is copied & Project 2 and Project 3 are not getting all the data copied to the WBS element,

In that project profile (substitution rule is given), substitution rule is also maintained

So please help why in one project substitution rule in working & other isnu2019t.

Many Thanks in Advance.

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the prerequisite rule which has been setup for the substitution step. if the project does not satisfy the prequisite, then substitution does not happens.

Regards,

Harish

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said "all the data not copied", so does it mean, that some of the data's are copied ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Menaka,

Select the WBS element in the project builder.

Cleck on Edit --> Validation Substitution --> Substitution

You will get the list of Substituitions, Double click on the required Substition rule.This action will generate a log, whether substitution has been succesfully caried out or with some error.

Kindly provide us that error log to guide you further.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

I informed user to the follow the steps as , Project is grey'd out for me.

I will share once i have that.

Thanks once again.

MM

Edited by: MenakaM on Dec 15, 2010 8:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Result is that no selection list was shown but the substitution was executed

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Menaka,

any pre requisites for the substitutions?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menaka,

Can you brief how are you confirming that substitution has been executed.Did field got updated or did it generate any log?

Regards

Ravi