SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Pricing or Multiple Pricing in IS retail-POS level article with 2pric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,,

I just want to understand that s it possible to maintain dual /multiple pricing in SAP IS retail.

Scenario: A store got Shampoo of april stock whic is having MRP of 75/- and july stock with MRP of 85/-.

when the article is scanned at Pos level,2 sales prices should appear on the pos,,which provokes the user to check the MRP on the article and choose the Correct price.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krish

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

This is a problem that almost every retailer faces especially Indian retailers where there is a concept of MRP. There can be a number of solutions for this but the best that I have come to terms with is to have a POS that is capable of storing more than one prices (you can decide how many can be stored). From an SAP perspective you cannot maintain 2 prices for the same article on the same level for the same date but you can do it for different dates.

So for eg if you have maintained a price X for article ABC on 16th Dec it will flow to POS but when the price for the article ABC changes to Y on 17th Y will flow to POS. Here POS should be able to store both the prices so when the article ABC is scanned there will be a pop up which will display X and Y and the cashier can select anyone after refering the product.

Regards

Kaizad.

0 Kudos

If you think from the functional prospective, how can you sell one article at two different price in the store. This means it is a pure customer luck what shampoo bottle he is picking up.

In store every item has shelf edge lable on it which will have the price mentioned on it. If the price has gone up from 75 to 85, when the sales takes place in July- you will sell the article at 85 and not 75.

The only option I see is to have a new variant of the article which has a different price.(Which basically means a new article code itself)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

assuming the scenario in india, where MRP will be printed on the product.