cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have currently ECC6.0 with SR2 , database Oracle , OS AIX. with SUPPORT PATCH LEVEL 22.

We have to perform System copy in this , But SR2 DUMP not available in the Market place Can I download SR3 DUMP to perform system copy.

I have to down load following DVD's

Installation Master DVD

Java DVD

KERNEL DVD

Shell we gohead with SR3 DVD's kindly suggest.

Best Regards

Narendar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As stated above you dont require entire dump, all you need was Installation master and your present system kernel release files.

If you plan to use this for preparing other system, please check pre-requisites for building new system in regards to Support package level.

For eg. if SR3 release includes SPlevel-XX then you need to first apply support packs in source system for SPlevel-XX or higher and perform system copy to avoid any issues.

In this case you need addl. software of -- Oracle media, java components.......(excluding export dump, since your system copy asts as export dump here).

I strongly advice to go through sys. copy docs and installation by sys. copy docs before you proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sitarama

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do a system copy no "dump" is needed, you need the installation master and the kernel DVD only.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

Yes you can use SR3 installation master to export the db. Ensure that you use the same installation master to install the system in the target.

Only when you export it with SR3 and try to import it with SR2 you will get the error. The LABEL.ASC file's content will differ.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support patch level of an ECC 6.0 system is completely stored within the database.

This means: A system copy will also copy support patch level from source to target system.

The previous support patch level that was installed in target system will be overwritten.

So go ahead!

But how are you going to perform system copy?

In case of backup/restore make sure you install the same Oracle release and patch level.

regards