cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to Party address changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer is facing with some different issue.

He created one sales order e.g XYZ01 in which Sold to party & Ship to party number are same.

after that he created one more sales order e.g XYZ02 with ref. to above one.

then he changes the address of ship to party at header level by going into partner function (In detail view of partner,he

changed address field and city) in sales order XYZ02.

Now his issue is as he changed address in XYZ02, The address of Ship to party in XYZ01 also get chaged.

what are the probable reasons of this?

because when we are running this scenario we are not facing this issue.

regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When you change the address of ship to party that means you made changes in master. And when you change master, then this effect done in every transaction when you use this ship to party.

If you want to change the address then you require create new customer for same name..

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your reply.

thing is if you are changing address of any partner function manualy in sales document.

it will not affect on master data.

It is functionality of SAP that if you do any changes in document the sub orders will get affected.

regards,

Anup

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anup,

Ideally this should not happen.

I feel this is happening in your case because the second Sales Order was created with reference to the first Sales Order.

Try creating the second independent of the first order (create without reference) & then the address change would not happen...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think jignesh is wright...

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigesh,

i am also having opinion like you,

But they want to create sales order with ref. to previous and they are facing this problem.

Regards,

Anup

Edited by: anup12 on Dec 17, 2010 8:24 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

If the partner address in a Sales Document is not changed, then this sales document refers the master data address number (Table VBPA).

If, the address was changed in the sales document, then the document gets a new address number which is relevant only for this particular document.

So when the master data was changed, the documents for which the addresses were not changed, got updated with the new address while the documents for which the addresses were changed retained the old/changed adddress

UdayS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I am facing similar kind of problem, Not excatly the same but a bit related one. So if you found a solution for this please share it. My issue was user will change the Ship to Party address (he changes only street). For some of the Orders only SH address is getting changed but for some of the Orders all the partner address were getting reflected with this change. I am unable to differentiate for which all Orders its only changing SH (Same customer & address for all the partner functions, but once it got changed then a new address will be generated for that particular partner.) and Orders for which it is changing all the partner Address.

Thanks & Regards,

Uday S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I have just test run the scenario which u have said and everything is perfectly running in my case.I have created an order first and afterwards i have created another order with reference of the first order in the second order i have changed SH,and i have observed that the order which is taken as reference is unaffected.The system is only giving a warning message regarding the freight but not much more than that as u have said.

If so ask them to change the patners by clicking header icon and there it is in a change mode.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing kind of the same issue.

We create a sales order (01) and manually change the ship-to address. We then create a sales order (02) in reference to that order. The ship-to address is then changed on the second order (02). At that point the ship-to address on the first order (01) is updated to reflect the second orders manually change ship-to address.

We found OSS notes 97832 that address this issue.