cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Command Box through Sap ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP GURU's

How is it possible to globally hide command box in a Sap ECC 6.0. or hide it only from Enterprise Portal.

Regards

Sumeet Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet Sharma

Why would you want to hide the command box in SAP ECC 6.0 ?

I'm a SAP Basis Administrator, the command box is the way I navigate through the transactions, I never use the easy access menu at all. I think it's a bad idea trying to disable the command box and most likely there is a better solution to your problem (the reason why you want to disable to command box).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thank's for Reply But we are using Enterprise Portal and we want to give user's sap gui for windows as a transaction iviews.

We also want to restrict users to run only those transactions that are given to them and for this it's essential to hide command

box.

Please Suggest me if this is possible or any alternate solution to this problem.

Regards

Sumeet Sharma

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet Sharma

There is no proper solution to hide the command box as what you should do is maintain the authorizations which prevent your users from executing a transaction there are not supposed to execute.

My slogan is everything is possible but you have to check if it's feasible. Getting rid of the command box is not a good idea and it's not supported in a standard way either.

SAP Gui for windows is used for an Abap stack based SAP system.

A portal is viewed in a web browser.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Tom

Again Thank's for Reply. I know it's not a feasible solution but i still want to know about this. Tell me is it possible or not and

if possible then how?

I am Sap EP Consultant and in implementation of EP this is one of the major issue.

Please Suggest Me.

Regards

Sumeet Sharma

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet Sharma

Hiding the command box in SAPgui for windows is not possible.

Disabling it would probably mean you have to rewrite the SAPgui interface (not feasible).

Restricting your users from accessing content they are not supposed to access is based on authorizations, if you give everyone all rights you are bound to heading for trouble and issues restricting where they are going. Also when you get an audit they will surely flag this point as being dangerous.

You can check with SAP by opening a customer message.

Kind regards

Tom

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

I think Tom may be correct that there is not a setting to remove or disable the OKcode field in SAP GUI for Windows.

However SAP GUI for HTML or WebGUI does have a setting that offers a simplified display.

Please review SAP Note 1010519 - SAP GUI for HTML: Simplified title area w/o menu and

OK code.

Perhaps this may be an alternative solution to meet your requirements?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank's for Reply, I know its possible with Sap gui for Html but i want it with Sap gui for windows. I also knows that it is also

possible with registry settings but that is not a global solution.. So please help me or suggest me any possbility....

Thank's

Regards

Sumeet Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it possible to hide Favourite option from sap ecc 6.0 or restrict user to add favourites.

Thank's

Regards

Sumeet Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to hide favourites option or restrict user to add favourites in sap ecc 6.0.

Thank's in advance.

Regards

Sumeet Sharma.