cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer long name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

1. I have trouble about customer's name. In SAP, the customer name only have 35 characters. If the customer name is over 35 character, I enter the over name in the line 2,line 3. But I can't search these lines in the customer search help.

2. The next problem is the customer search term, SAP gives us two search term, but we can only use the first one.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this [Material Master Search Help Creation|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8047f84e-7973-2c10-548a-ab4cb1c3c498?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true],it will help you search help for customer master.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, special to Vishal J and Jeyakanthan A.

Now I know search term 2 display in the SEARCH CUSTOMER BY ADDRESS ATTRIBUTES.

Question 1 : Is It right that we can only search customer name in line 1. So, the customer's name in line 2,line 3 seem unusable.

Question 2 : Can we search customer name in line 1 by other language such as vietnamese. At the moment, If I enter any vietnamese words the search help automatically close, I can't type any vietnamese words in the search help.

Please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question 1 : Is It right that we can only search customer name in line 1. So, the customer's name in line 2,line 3 seem unusable.

We can search customer by search Search term A and Search term B

customer's name in line 2,line 3 can be used when customer name is more than 35 charechters

Question 2 : Can we search customer name in line 1 by other language such as vietnamese. At the moment, If I enter any vietnamese words the search help automatically close, I can't type any vietnamese words in the search help.

at the time of log-on try to give language vietnamese and then search customer by that language, not sure but this may help

Else set Parameter SPR with value (code of vietnamese) in transaction SU3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

1.a. of course customer name is 35 characters of length if you want in the search help create a new tab for the same and keep your search criteria.

2.a. i am not able tounder stand.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. I have trouble about customer's name. In SAP, the customer name only have 35 characters. If the customer name is over 35 character, I enter the over name in the line 2,line 3. But I can't search these lines in the customer search help.

You need to modify the search area with the help of ABAPer

2. The next problem is the customer search term, SAP gives us two search term, but we can only use the first one.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

When you are going for customer search use SEARCH CUSTOMER BY ADDRESS ATTRIBUTES, you will get this option