cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access service registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI gurus

In PI 7.1 EHP1, I am looking for the security role needed in order to be able to access service registry and publish services onto it.

When I access the service registry link from IB home page , I get the following error :

You do not have permission for Services Registry, contact your system administrator.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to add ABAP roles, you can goto SU01 Tcode, give the username to which the roles need to be added and hit edit.

Under Roles tab, you can specify the ESR role and save. Or you can also assign this role through Tcode PFCG. Give role name, Under User tab, enter the users and do User comparison.

For Java, In NWA-> Identity Management. The Identity management tab can be got by a lil navigation in NWA. Select Role in the dropdown and specify the ESR role name. Edit and goto the Users tab below. Here you can add the users you want. Save it.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the pointers. I do understand the steps to add roles to users in ABAP stack.

But my question is : Is it enough to just add users to the service registry read and write roles to the user that needs access to service registry in the J2EE server only ? Does SAP deliver role definitions for these on ABAP stack also - on PI 7.1 ?

Hope I have been clear with my exact question.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it enough to just add users to the service registry read and write roles to the user that needs access to service 
registry in the J2EE server only ?

specifying roles in NWA should be enough.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

To Check the roles please goto NWA

NWA > Operation Management (Tab) > User Access (Tab) > Identity Management (Link)

And then select "Roles" in the search criteria and proovide the following roles

SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_ONLY -- Only for read access

SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE --Both Read & Write access

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i doing CE 7.2 also facing that problem, i did followed the tutorial intro from SAP

this is the tutorial pdf link, /people/venky.shankararaman2/blog/2010/08/23/sap-bpm-tutorial-using-ce-72

i finish tutorial part 1, half way part 2 then i find out need to configure intro part

and faced error message "can't find SR" , when i can't find Service Registry from CE 7.2 studio , then i think should go back configure Service Registry can't configure, by right which WSDL should work well which made a connection to communicate, between provider system and service registry , which can made a search at service registry, can drag data out after that.

please help me out from repeat problems, because i still process on my project

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can read this document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f...

especially in this part:

3.1 SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are these roles SERVICE_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE AND the other role available as roles in the ABAP stack on PI 7.1 from where we can include it into a authorization profile and attach it to a user id in PI ABAP stack ?

I am not sure what you mean by going to NWA and looking up these roles ?

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Netweaver Administrator(NWA) is web based tool.

To Access NWA: http://<PI Host name>:5<CI#>00/nwa

Operation Management (Tab) > User Access (Tab) > Identity Management (Link)

lets know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag

I do understand that the role definitions ( ?? ) can be accessed from NWA . From here, how do we get these roles uploaded/created in the PI ABAP stack -

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You should have the following role to use all functions of Services Registry

SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE

Go to identity management in SAP Netweaver Administrator and get this role.

just follow the link

Regards,

Jag

Edited by: jag on Dec 15, 2010 3:22 PM