cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going to support EDI interface which uses Seeburger AS2 adapter either at sender or receiver side.I have few doubts on BIC module:

1.Do i need to install BIC tool on my laptop or it is a web based tool which i can access from seeburger workbench?

2.For all the edi conversion using Seeburger do we need BIC module to convert messages from EDI to XML or from XML to EDI?

3.why we need to do message mapping again if we had already done BIC mapping?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Do i need to install BIC tool on my laptop or it is a web based tool which i can access from seeburger workbench?

Yes you need to install BIC mapping tool in your laptop to do the mappings.

2.For all the edi conversion using Seeburger do we need BIC module to convert messages from EDI to XML or from XML to EDI?

Yes for all EDI conversion using Seeburger you need BIC tool. But if you have some standard mapping already given by Seeburger than you dont need BIC tool, you can directly use those mappings. Remember standard mapping will start with name SEE*

3.why we need to do message mapping again if we had already done BIC mapping?

BIC mapping tool is used to convert EDI to XML and vice versa. Think about a scenario when you need to convert an IDOC to EDIFACT format.

Than first you have to do 1:1 mapping in PI where you will convert IDOC to EDIXML and than use BIC mapping tool to convert EDIXML to EDIFACT file.

I hope above answers will help you.

Regards,

Shradha