cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We recently did a in-place upgrade to PI 7.1 EHP1 from XI 3.0 and I have the following questions :

1. Netweaver Administrator - is this a replacement for J2EE Visual admin settings in XI 3.0 days ? Or does the J2EE Visual admin based tool still exist in PI 7.1 ?

2, Enterprise Service Bundle - I have read at several places in SDN that PI 7.1 EHP1 comes with the ESR bundle that contains the service interface definitions for enterprise services exposed out of the box for different process components ( like OTC etc ) . I don't see the service interfaces for enterprise services in ESR - is this something we have to download from marketplace ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Netweaver Administrator - is this a replacement for J2EE Visual admin settings in XI 3.0 days ? Or does the J2EE Visual admin based tool still exist in PI 7.1 ?

>

> 2, Enterprise Service Bundle - I have read at several places in SDN that PI 7.1 EHP1 comes with the ESR bundle that contains the service interface definitions for enterprise services exposed out of the box for different process components ( like OTC etc ) . I don't see the service interfaces for enterprise services in ESR - is this something we have to download from marketplace ?

Hi Karthik,

1. Yes J2EE VA tool exists in PI 7.1

2. Enterprise Service Bundle content needs to be downloaded from Market place.its SAP Content

->ESR Content (XI Content)

Regards,

Jag

Edited by: jag on Dec 15, 2010 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

As of my knowledge the VA tool is not available from SAP NW PI 7.1 onwards.

Ref : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/5b/8c3842bb58f83ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I would appreciate if you could give us a reference for the shared knowledge that VA tool is still available in PI 7.1.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jimmy

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I apologies for my mistake. I got confused with EP 7.0.

I will correct it.

Thanks for point it.

Hi Karthi,

1. As Jimmy pointed correcting my answer to Question 1, As of SAP Netweaver 7.1 onward Visual Admin is no longer Available.

Regards,

Jag

Edited by: jag on Dec 15, 2010 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jag - in place of visual admin, are the properties set in Visual admin now available to be set in NWA ? If so, under what tab in NWA ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John, alredy provided NWA help link, please refer that and if you have access to NWA browse it.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
are the properties set in Visual admin now available to be set in NWA ? If so, under what tab in NWA ?

I could not find which properties you are referring at....if you give the properties may be someone would be able to help you.

Alternately you can check the Wiki series by Kenny Scott on NWA: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/NWA7.1%28forVAusers%29

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek

I was referring to all NW J2EE server properties like number of threads, JCO RFC services ( starting /stopping ) stuff that are done using Visual Admin UI o the J2EE server. The wiki link is the one - I believe the alternate locations within NWA that these can be done from. Thanks a lot for the WIKI link.

Answers (0)