SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Device Installation creation in Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utility Gurus,

When creating full installation through EG31, i am able to create Installation successfully. But while creating Full Device installation through Emigall (object INST_MGMT) I am getting error 'Enter Rate Type'.

I am entering the correct Rate Type and Rate category in structure DI_ZW apart from that other required fields. And in structure DI_GER I am adding the Legacy Device no. Have also added the required fields in DI_INIT structure.

When I enter Rate type in DI_GER structure I get the error "Enter permissible Rate Type'.

Can anybody please let me know how this error can be removed and what are the things to note/configure before Device installation from Emigall.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi man

You happen to mention :

I am entering the correct Rate Type and Rate category in structure DI_ZW

Firstly i must ask is rate category mentionable in DI_ZW cause i havent seen that. I mostly mention that in INSTL object.

As far as your error is concerned i think you are not mentioning a rate type in DI_ZW

the other part you mentioned is enter permissible rate type , that is because the rate type you are mentioning isn't device permissible you can check it out on t code : ea56 see on which level is the rate type permissible if its register permissible mention rate type on DI_ZW only just mention the device no in DI_GER. But do mention rate type in DI_ZW and device no.

FYI

the list of configs before inst_mgmt is quite a handfull but if u r sucessfull in doing eg31 it would not be a problem

Try if it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi man

You happen to mention :

I am entering the correct Rate Type and Rate category in structure DI_ZW

Firstly i must ask is rate category mentionable in DI_ZW cause i havent seen that. I mostly mention that in INSTL object.

As far as your error is concerned i think you are not mentioning a rate type in DI_ZW

the other part you mentioned is enter permissible rate type , that is because the rate type you are mentioning isn't device permissible you can check it out on t code : ea56 see on which level is the rate type permissible if its register permissible mention rate type on DI_ZW only just mention the device no in DI_GER. But do mention rate type in DI_ZW and device no.

FYI

the list of configs before inst_mgmt is quite a handfull but if u r sucessfull in doing eg31 it would not be a problem

Try if it works.

0 Kudos

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn. I SOLVED AN ISSUE YOU POSTED ON SAP SDN IF YOU ARE THAT Mahendra Mahapatra.

PLZ ADD ME I WANT SOME GUIDANCE ON BI SIDE.

THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION

Fahad Hashmi

syedf.hashmiatgmail.com

0 Kudos

Hi

I am also having the same issue. You mentioned that you added the DI_INIT structure. however I donot see the structure in the Emigall object INST_MGMT. I would like to know as to how to add it to the INST_MGMT conversion.

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I know this is a very old thread but just to help anyone else who comes across the same error hope this helps.

In order to complete Full install you need the following structures to be activate/generated

1) Interface (DI_INIT)

2) OKCODE -- this is a hidden auto structure

3) ZWSTAND -- this is a hidden auto structure

4) AUTO_ZW (DI_ZW)

5) AUTO_GER (DI_GER)

6) CONTAINER -- this is a hidden auto structure

In order to view the hidden structure follow the below steps:

- Once you click on the INST_MGMT go to Automatic Structure--> Display List --> All

you will now be able to view all the hidden structures. IN order to activate/generate them you will have to click them go to automatic struture --> Change --> generate

Commonly required fileds in different sturctures are below (please note, these are the commonly used fields and varies based on the project requirments)

--> Interface

- ACTION

- ANLAGE

- DEVLOC

- EADAT

--> AUTO_ZW

- ABFAKTE

- ANZDAYSOFPERIOD

- ANZERG

- EQUNRE

- KONDIGRE

- PERVERBR